does 2 smaller lights beat one big one?

• Thread starter KrakenBudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Theoneandonly Z

Theoneandonly Z

Technically no. If u can hit gram per watt that is. But ive seen some growers that did just fine with multiple 400's. With two lights u can cover more sq ft and 800 watts of light is easier to cool than a 1000. So in some cases (every garden is different) running 2 400's might be better

KrakenBudz

KrakenBudz

Ok im running one 400w super hps/ 50w 6000k led and 2 48" t8 3000k plus a big house fan on 6 girls. Is that a good light spectrum?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Will 2 400w hps beat a 1k hps?

This is a good question, because it is open ended. I've been working with a different method of trellising and in this new scenario two 400W hps could easily cover more surface area than a thouie over a flat trellis- and do it with better quality. This does not compare apples to apples fairly; the thouie pulls ahead again as soon as it gets a similar trellis.

My point is that there are more variables to consider than just the number of bulbs and their wattage. The relative position of plants to that light source is perhaps the most important consideration of all, and the most under recognized.

Ever after

Ever after

i got 2 600w hps and mh digi between a 6 t5HO system so i get some really resiny dj short sstrains and in my mother room i think im gonna run a 1000w and do a purple kush or some kind or singe strain grow in my veg room as i am moving and am happy to beable to go all out as thsese made should last me a year to get the best roots and pump in silica and get those nnice nugs i run all coco and run trays really close to the floor like almost ebb n flow buckets but i do ebb n flow like 4 inches off the ground in food trays and i love my plants they get the stickest buds ever and ive done a side beside with my coco i let my bigger light do the soil and vs my cococ the cococ won adn not jsut yield by taste high and density and quality the outdoor looks bammer it always has to me so i do a coco sytem thing of getting a little lazy and doing aero its not lazy i just want less maitence having to buy coco and stuff with aero you just gotta toss out the roots and you cant even extract thc from the roots and aero makes some really dense buds but not the sticky icky from coco and i might do a side by side of aero and coco if aero is just naturally easy to be ill do it just cuz i need alot of thc and such cuz i eat the weed

Latest posts

Top Bottom