Does a diminishing (by hours) light cycle during flower lengthen the flowering period?

• Thread starter Neuro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
So, in my latest grow I'm realizing that most of these plants are going to take at least ten weeks to finish. Because there's a fair bit of landrace in them I thought I'd try starting flower at 14 hrs of light and then work down by half hour increments to 12, leave it at that for three weeks and then cut back to again to 11 hours until finish. I read somewhere (could be total bullshit) that it would reduce the stress on the plant and thus the chance of herms. Sounded good. It would make sense given that plants grow more during the dark period.
The only guy I can find who's grown this before had his finish at less than 8 and 9 weeks at 12/12 and from his pictures they were legitimately done. I also saw a breeder post a killer example of one of his strains that he always grows outdoors and finishes for him at 12 weeks, that this guy got done at ten weeks indoors and he thought that might be why. Anyone else notice this?
For those interested this is a pretty neat paper that's related, especially for anyone growing CBD flower.

Bilber

Bilber

For sure!.

@GNick55 ..

That is one of many, scientific studies!, that these f$@kin šŸ•³s lead to.....

There are others with kinda the same ......

But it definitely helps with any light stress in my grow areas.......

My plants were just fuller.....yeah....from now on in......I'll taper the lights......I only saw improvements...!....my experience only....

Thank you GNick.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
So, in my latest grow I'm realizing that most of these plants are going to take at least ten weeks to finish. Because there's a fair bit of landrace in them I thought I'd try starting flower at 14 hrs of light and then work down by half hour increments to 12, leave it at that for three weeks and then cut back to again to 11 hours until finish. I read somewhere (could be total bullshit) that it would reduce the stress on the plant and thus the chance of herms. Sounded good. It would make sense given that plants grow more during the dark period.
The only guy I can find who's grown this before had his finish at less than 8 and 9 weeks at 12/12 and from his pictures they were legitimately done. I also saw a breeder post a killer example of one of his strains that he always grows outdoors and finishes for him at 12 weeks, that this guy got done at ten weeks indoors and he thought that might be why. Anyone else notice this?
For those interested this is a pretty neat paper that's related, especially for anyone growing CBD flower.
unless you know this guy and can ask question and can try the pot than take it with a grain of salt,.
i get alot of info from that site you posted but always a long time reading,.. a couple pics from your link that might make you feel better lowering hours,..
i do it though not always the exact same, though stay at 12/12 till finished,..
my seedlings/clones are under 18/6
than small veg plants until almost flowering time under 17/7 than 2-3 weeks before flowering under 16/8,..than usually but nut always i lower an hour each week until 12/12 till finish,ā€¦ basically i have 3 grow areas with these hours set,..
IMG 0944
IMG 0945
IMG 0946

Neuro

Neuro

If you plant ice, you're gonna harvest wind.
Yeah! That's the part I was interested in. My wife's been finding that CBD flower helps with some of her medical issues lately so I've been planning to run a few plants and those are pretty impressive results. Nice to see that the THC degradation was minimal under those conditions though because I don't need that much of it for her, even at the rate she smokes. šŸ¤£

Latest posts

Top Bottom