Does anyone cut leaf tips when cloning?

• Thread starter Cubbies69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

Yes,
The theory is it reduces the surface area that the leaf will transpire through. with less moisture going out th plant can utilize it for other functions.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Can you clone if she just started showing pistals?

I have cloned as far along as 11.5 weeks in flower and ready for harvest successfully in a glass of water. Took a month to show roots and longer to grow reveg leaves out of the little bud.

There are pics in my thread and other threads about reveg cloning and monster cropping.

philosogrower

philosogrower

Can you clone if she just started showing pistals?
You sure can! If you're taking a clone from a plant in flower it will take extra time to root. If it is still in veg but it is showing pistols then you are totally fine. Those pre-flower pistols, if you will, are just a sign of maturity in the plant.

CF89

CF89

Why do you guys clone? What’s the benefit?

I don’t mind spending $10 a seed and starting fresh with a cool new strain that I may absolutely love.
Next grow I want to try growing 6 diff strains. Just one of each.

is it just a way of mass duplicating one strain that I really enjoy?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don’t mind spending $10 a seed and starting fresh with a cool new strain that I may absolutely love.

Yeah. When i see a plant i want to run again i take a cutting. But like you are describing i harvest a different seed plant or clone every week or two for constant variety.

Last edited:
CF89

CF89

Are you guys growing autos where the lights just stay on 24/7? Therefore you can keep cloning and having different stages and ages of plants?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter

Crop consistency is a big factor. Reduced veg time is another. It's more beneficial for production purposes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Are you guys growing autos where the lights just stay on 24/7? Therefore you can keep cloning and having different stages and ages of plants?

Not me. Photo fems and an 18/6 veg tent and a 12/12 flower room.

And a lot of plant stands to adjust all the different heights. Lights stay fixed up high.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter

I clone because I couldn't get any seed for years but now I can get seed in I'm going back to seed grows now
Od

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

you may not mind the 10 bucks a seed. But I have 12 plants going all from clones. If seeds that would be 120 (plus shipping), these lady’s be free.

Top Bottom