Does anyone else do this with their nutes?

• Thread starter MarkBfromDC
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

MarkBfromDC

Sorry I’m a little scattered rn so bear with me.
i ferment all of my nutrients and have since been having the best grows of my short experience.
Ingredients- EM-1 (mealed, from a 5 gl teraganix bucket $80 on Amazon )
1 4oz bottle mammoth P
1 quart photosynthesis plus
1 box dte azomite
A few handfuls of healthy cannabis plant matter
1 bottle organic Neptune fish hydrolysate
1 box kelp meal
3 oz ORCA
3 oz Kit crab bacteria
1 gl black strap molasses
1 bag earthworm castings
1 box dte seabird guano
I grow in coco 70 /30

I add 1 tbsp em-1, 1 tbsp brown sugar, 1 bacteria source dose on bottle , and a nutrient source of 8 week feeding. Put in 1 qt mason jar with h20, cover with cheesecloth/ unbleached paper towel wait till ph is 3.5.

Shake well
Nutrient dose is usually 1/3 of dose on bottle I aim for 1.5 -2.5 ec feed weekly.

5 gl Home Depot buckets have been yielding 4-6 oz per plant after 4 week veg.

Here’s photos of week 5 zkittlez, week 5 mac1, and week 3 strawberry cough

Does anyone else do this with their nutes
Does anyone else do this with their nutes 2
Does anyone else do this with their nutes 3
M

MarkBfromDC

The supplies last 3 x the recommended dosage. If they are fed at the rate on the bottle after being fermented it burns the plants. My first batch of ferments was a free sample of recharge that made a gallon of fermented recharge. The horticultural industry is by and large a scam in my opinion. I’ve been on the same bottle of 4oz mammoth p for 2.5 cycles about a dozen plants. No apparent difference in the product. According to my research ( ChatGPT) fermenting even commom nutrients like a bottle of fox farms makes the nutrients more bioavailable. I don’t even worry about ph in my coco grows (as long as I hit the ballpark ) because basically I’m in a living soil situation. As long as the microbial life is diverse and a plenty the plants are happy :)

M

MarkBfromDC

I misspoke it’s not all in 1 gallon, you would only need it half a cup of seabird guano to make 1 gallon of seabird guano ferment for example

M

MarkBfromDC

In addition - you could make a similarly effective nutrient by going to the store and buying a bag of beans/lentils, various fruits n veggies, grind, ferment , same deal.

N

Natep

Mark,

Curious. All said and done - You’re looking at one gallon of your homemade fertilizer. How much did that cost?
Super cheap. I harvest aloe out of the yard add equal weight of brown sugar and ferment it for a week. Then use a new 1000:1 ratio. 3ml per gallon. I also cook egg shells soak in vinegar till they desolve. Again 1000:1 ratio. That give me my calcium. And for phosphate I cook bones till they are black and want to break down. Then soak in vinegar. Again 1000:1 ratio. I also make LAB out of milk and rice. Plus IMO2 but that’s a bit more in depth.

Top Bottom