Does anyone have a diagram on a DIY growbox? Any help please?

• Thread starter PuffinDutchs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PuffinDutchs

I need ten posts so I am going to ask questions that I want real answers to!

I am in the market to invest in a grow setup. I am looking for something small 6 maybe 8 plants. Does anyone have a setup they would be willing to share with me for my taste? Can you also suggest a seed for use with your setup? Maybe your even ballsy enough to suggest that I buy a predesigned grownbox.

1 down 9 to go ;-)

B

been

6-8 plants of what size? How much do you want to yield and how much money do you have to do it?

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

This is an easy one - who cares the size, it's up to them... All they need are these materials.
1. some 2"x2"'s
2. some panda plastic

Just make a frame with the 2x2's and cover it in panda plastic. Cheapest and easiest way to go about this. Add ventilation and lighting and you're ready to grow.

B

been

This is an easy one - who cares the size, it's up to them... All they need are these materials.
1. some 2"x2"'s
2. some panda plastic

Just make a frame with the 2x2's and cover it in panda plastic. Cheapest and easiest way to go about this. Add ventilation and lighting and you're ready to grow.
... cuz no one ever heard of 2x2s and panda plastic. :mooning

diyJunkie

diyJunkie

Well, since that wasn't good enough for you been...

If the panda plastic and 2x2s don't work for you op, and you want to invest more time and money, I'd suggest maybe closing in a box with plywood.

I would personally make it large enough to house my veg, flowering, and a lung room to ventilate to and out.

Seeing as how you asked for this to be small, 6-8 plants you may be in the marker for a Scrog [Screen of green] or some training to keep those girls low.

For the box size, if possible I'd suggest 3'x2'x4'high for flowering with 2'x2'x2.5'high for veg. And in the 1.5' of space above veg I would ventilate into [and hold your ballast] and carbon filter then out.

You never said anything about lights, but I would veg with cfl's and get maybe a 150w hps for the flowering side.

S

space101

For strain choices you can go a few different ways, but some I've been looking at are the autoflowering strains like Lowryder #2 or some hybrid of it. Or like diyJunkie said you'll want to use the scrog technique as it can give you more yield in the limited space you have to work with.

G.L

A

ALB3RTsWeeD

if you take Lowryder recommend Diesel Ryder :smiley_joint:

P

PuffinDutchs

I know I am giving this a bump thanks for everyone who has responded I have been tryin to research as much as possible I do not want to ask "stupid" questions. I have decided that due to all the people who I share a house with I want this to be very low profile. I build computers all the time and I am going to try and hide this in a PC case!

So I have been scanning newegg all day looking at cases. I was wondering does anyone have a suggestion for what I need for a case. I know these seem like stupid questions but I am looking for the larger cases ( I only expect to be able to grow 2 or 3 plants in a case maybe less?) I plan to put the fans on the side of the case (this will look odd I know but more room inside I figure!) I want a case that the powersupply is supposed to be raised as I actually plan on putting the lights here. Can someone give me some insight to this idea is it horrible decent? Thanks in advance!

W

waverunner_21

if you download the google 'sketch up' program, in the top left hand corner of the interface theres a lil box with an arrow, yellow i think, click it and search grow cabs or other variations of the term, people have posted really, really detailed and imaginative plans for cabs.

Ghostwolf

Ghostwolf

I took the cue from a site called "The Cheap Vegatable Gardener.com" it shows you how to make a basic pc grow case for under $20.00. I did and is workind fine, tho next time I'll make some up grades. But again it's good and cheap for starters.

L

lurch

dr pot that BOG looks like a fire waiting to happen. needs major re-thinking

T

ThisBuds4You

Hi guys,

I made this stealth grow box w/ CFLs for about $150. Its has a veg & flowering chamber. Total power usage is about 300 watts, PERFECT for the apartment grower. It's on ICMAG and also featured on HailMaryJane.com. Doing my first run in this box right now, it's almost done. I think I will get about 4 oz off of it, but dialed in I think 5-6oz is doable. Check it out :) I will update with final yields when complete (about 2.5 weeks).

http://hailmaryjane.com/build-a-stealth-grow-box-for-less-than-150/

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=144800

picture.php

picture.php

-
TB4U

lollipopman

lollipopman

Hi guys,

I made this stealth grow box w/ CFLs for about $150. Its has a veg & flowering chamber. Total power usage is about 300 watts, PERFECT for the apartment grower. It's on ICMAG and also featured on HailMaryJane.com. Doing my first run in this box right now, it's almost done. I think I will get about 4 oz off of it, but dialed in I think 5-6oz is doable. Check it out :) I will update with final yields when complete (about 2.5 weeks).

http://hailmaryjane.com/build-a-stealth-grow-box-for-less-than-150/

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=144800

picture.php

picture.php

-
TB4U

very nice dresser....

M

MASSES 420KING

real simple and easy buy 3 pieces of 1/2 inch plywood 4 2x4s[for the walls] 2 2x8s[for ground base] cut to ur specified size easy 4'x4' x56high grow space enjoy

420king-MASSES

wow masses 420king you really are a brilliant guy i wish i thought of that i 2nd what the masses-420king said
natural_medicines_146.jpg

P

pcfarmer

I use Auto Hindukush in my little growpc, works fine when you have a wife that wont allow you any larger room =)
Or maybe a dwarf plant from Buddha seeds.

Blessings

Latest posts

Top Bottom