Does anyone have experience with low temperature Senville mini split a/c?

• Thread starter airedog
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
airedog

airedog

Supporter
I live in an area that routinely sees winter temperatures drop below -20 C, looking for low temperature mini splits i came across Senville and they seem to have good ratings on TrustPilot as well as decent prices for their DIY kit, although i'd have the work done by licensed tradesmen; $2200 CAD for a 24 000 BTU unit. While a Canadian company, the units are made in China. Does anyone here have any personal experience with this company?

pdasterly

pdasterly

all this stuff made in same chinese factory, i have a sharkaire

DistyDemon

DistyDemon

When I was gonna upgrade to a minisplit (here in Michigan also), only the pioneer could handle low temps and still work.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
I've heard Mitsubishi have good low temperature units here in Canada. If Senville's reviews are legit though they're at a better price point. I'll also need a better dehuey and the Quest Dual 105 looks good and is more efficient than comparable units. Higher up-front cost that's recouped in lower operating costs.

pdasterly

pdasterly

I've heard Mitsubishi have good low temperature units here in Canada. If Senville's reviews are legit though they're at a better price point. I'll also need a better dehuey and the Quest Dual 105 looks good and is more efficient than comparable units. Higher up-front cost that's recouped in lower operating costs.
my mitsubishi p-series was way too expensive, but top of line

airedog

airedog

Supporter
In the long term, foŕ you, which was the better buy then, Misubishi or Sharkaire?

pdasterly

pdasterly

In the long term, foŕ you, which was the better buy then, Misubishi or Sharkaire?
mitsu was 8500, sharkaire was 1800
mitsu on 3rd run with no issue at all and sharkair im still in process of build so only time will tell

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

my mitsubishi p-series was way too expensive, but top of line
I went with the p series mitsubishi with the dual zone ( veg and flower rooms)

Veg room climate is mostly controlled with ventilation.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
Is anyone running Mitsubishi P series with an ultra low ambient kit? Company rep is coming today to assess room and give me a quote; i want to make sure that i know the relevant questions to ask. Senville is sold as-is, Mitsubishi ball park estimates were all-in so the price difference is much more narrow and the lead time on the Mitsubishi may be shorter as well.

Top Bottom