does anyone here grow with gaia green living soil

• Thread starter imgrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

imgrowing

i was forced to quit using FFOF for some political BS and used gaia green living soil when i up potted.
i fed gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 after about 6 weeks into flower and burnt the crap out of them.
i need lots of advice on how to grow with living soil.
a rookie here with living soil so any help much welcome.
thanks

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
i was forced to quit using FFOF for some political BS and used gaia green living soil when i up potted.
i fed gaia green 4-4-4 and 2-8-4 after about 6 weeks into flower and burnt the crap out of them.
thanks
The gaia green living soil is pretty hot to begin with, so if you transplanted into it for flower you should have been able to water only for the duration most likely. How big was your grow container?

jokerdro

jokerdro

Big pots, cloth pots are my favorite...
10 gal pot for feeding soil, you don't want to let the medium dry out
get a decent moisture meter as well, you don't wanna over soak it but you wanna know when its getting dry
having one helped me a lot

Using gaia green branded living soil i never have but i've used their amendments in ffof
if there is no perlite add perlite.

otherwise its just mix to label,
top dress every 3 - 4 weeks at 1tbsp a gallon of whatever you're in (veg or bloom)
and half a tbsp of whatever you're not (if you're in bloom you feed 1tbsp/gal of bloom and .5tbsp/gal of veg nutes)

use a respirator, for real. you don't wanna breathe that shit in.
air purifier or leave your tent open . you will have to replace your carbon prefilter more frequently.
and turn off your fans when you feed
its all very fine particles and will damage your lungs.

if you do a lot of plants
BUY BIG BAGS

OH and you'll probably need a little more calcium & mag , if you're just running GG All purpose and Power bloom
either a liquid calmag or some organic alternative :)

good luck and happy growing 👍🏻

IMG 7372

IMG 7313

IMG 7323

Last edited:
I

imgrowing

Big pots, cloth pots are my favorite...
10 gal pot for feeding soil, you don't want to let the medium dry out
get a decent moisture meter as well, you don't wanna over soak it but you wanna know when its getting dry
having one helped me a lot

Using gaia green branded living soil i never have but i've used their amendments in ffof
if there is no perlite add perlite.

otherwise its just mix to label,
top dress every 3 - 4 weeks at 1tbsp a gallon of whatever you're in (veg or bloom)
and half a tbsp of whatever you're not (if you're in bloom you feed 1tbsp/gal of bloom and .5tbsp/gal of veg nutes)

use a respirator, for real. you don't wanna breathe that shit in.
air purifier or leave your tent open . you will have to replace your carbon prefilter more frequently.
and turn off your fans when you feed
its all very fine particles and will damage your lungs.

if you do a lot of plants
BUY BIG BAGS

OH and you'll probably need a little more calcium & mag , if you're just running GG All purpose and Power bloom
either a liquid calmag or some organic alternative :)

good luck and happy growing 👍🏻

View attachment 2095863
View attachment 2095865
View attachment 2095866
i used 1/3 recommended dose and burned the crap out of them.

M

MellowRello

thanks
I've been using Gaia Green for three years. Around week 6 the plants get pretty sensitive to NPK, I've burned a lot of plants, 9out of ten times, too much phosphorus..
I recommend a final pot of 7 gallons, any smaller than that is very difficult, it's just not enough biology.
So take them to 5 nodes, in a one gallon, you want to grow a dense root ball in there, they will blast off when up potted. Then top, transplant and LST on the same day, into the 7gallon.
The GG soil will feed for 3 weeks. The side branches will catch up in 3 weeks.
Flip to flower no later than 3 weeks. You're trying to keep the size of plant right for the amount of soil.

FLOWER
Day 1 feed 5tbls 70/30 blend of 444-284.
Do a booster of 1TBL 60/40 in week 2.

Day 1 of week 4 feed 5tbl 60/40 blend.
Day 1 of week 5, give a booster of 1Tbls 60/40 blend.

Week7 shift to biweekly feeding
Day 1 of week 7, 4Tbls 60/40 blend
Day 1 of week 9 4tbls 50/50 blend.
Week 11 1-3 TBLS 50/50
(LAST FEEDING DEPENDS ON EXPECTED HARVEST DATE)

Keep dolomite lime and sulfer soil acidifyer around, check soil PH first, if any deficiencies arise with a probe style PH meter. The big single probe works better than those cheap little green double probe things.

Recharge is 90+% molasses powder, you don't need it. It's good to have around in case your soil goes bone dry and biology dies off, but other than that it's a waste of money in living soil, if your pots are big enough. You can use molasses instead.

👍👍👍👍🪴🪴🪴🪴

M

MellowRello

I've been using Gaia Green for three years. Around week 6 the plants get pretty sensitive to NPK, I've burned a lot of plants, 9out of ten times, too much phosphorus..
I recommend a final pot of 7 gallons, any smaller than that is very difficult, it's just not enough biology.
So take them to 5 nodes, in a one gallon, you want to grow a dense root ball in there, they will blast off when up potted. Then top, transplant and LST on the same day, into the 7gallon.
The GG soil will feed for 3 weeks. The side branches will catch up in 3 weeks.
Flip to flower no later than 3 weeks. You're trying to keep the size of plant right for the amount of soil.

FLOWER
Day 1 feed 5tbls 70/30 blend of 444-284.
Do a booster of 1TBL 60/40 in week 2.

Day 1 of week 4 feed 5tbl 60/40 blend.
Day 1 of week 5, give a booster of 1Tbls 60/40 blend.

Week7 shift to biweekly feeding
Day 1 of week 7, 4Tbls 60/40 blend
Day 1 of week 9 4tbls 50/50 blend.
Week 11 1-3 TBLS 50/50
(LAST FEEDING DEPENDS ON EXPECTED HARVEST DATE)

Keep dolomite lime and sulfer soil acidifyer around, check soil PH first, if any deficiencies arise with a probe style PH meter. The big single probe works better than those cheap little green double probe things.

Recharge is 90+% molasses powder, you don't need it. It's good to have around in case your soil goes bone dry and biology dies off, but other than that it's a waste of money in living soil, if your pots are big enough. You can use molasses instead.

👍👍👍👍🪴🪴🪴🪴
You could skip the booster shots and just give them the 6tbls at once but that's what causes PH issues and toxicities in my experience...that's a lot of bird poo etc to dump in all at once. But you also don't want to split it up too much because of the NPK ratio transitions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom