Does anyone know anything about the "Phototron"systems?

• Thread starter kreeper66
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kreeper66

Best of wishes to all brothers and sisters!!!I'm thinking about buying one of those "Phototron"systems I saw advertised in High Times.This will be my first serious grow effort and I like that it appears to be self contained and somewhat forgiving of an inexperienced farmer.Can I please get some feedback on this system?Have any of you guys ever used one?By the way,I'm a new member,thanks for having me,just glad to be here.

D

Donk Frog

Try
www.bcnorthernlights.com
I am running a producer from them right now and when tuned in you can pull 2lbs a cycle with the right plant, check out some of my grow diaries to see it in action...

cheers

old.Ford

old.Ford

I haven't heard of it, but will check it out in HT. Welcome to the site . old.Ford

F

forehead

those things have been around for decades..they are not worth the$$..look into a tent and a HID

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Do not waste your time or money, I think there has only been one or two Phototron grows posted since i have been online doin this, I think all where completely modified and I have even modofoed one or two myself..

Small Darkroom tent and a 600w is where I would start.

Tex

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

Indeed, I still play with one now and again. They have their use, like sitting in the corner of a room adding an extra 2-3oz onto the real grow going on beside it:P The main downfall of them is the cost, you can easily setup a 600 tent grow with all the trimmings for close to the same price if not cheaper then the upper models, and yield 4x as much. They do work tho, just not the miracle chamber its advertised to be. Its just 6 fluorescents in a hexagon and you grow in pure pete moss, not to special. They need to be like 200$-300 for the upper models, not 800-1000$. Pretty sure mines going to turn into a little bean making chamber, should be just the right size for all I need to do.

P

Pot Boy

I use it for my mother plant like stated above its way over priced a friend gave it to me. But dose have some uses..

M

Malachi

They suck ... for the money get a 3x3 tent with a 600, or even a 2x2 with a 430 would be way better then a phototron

R

Rolln J

if somebody is gonna give you one it may be fun to mess with/modify - otherwise like everybody else said get a tent/600w and roll with that

D

DazedNconfussed

seen this today if anyone is interested in trying a used pair cheap around the bay.......

D

DazedNconfussed

and I have nothing to do with this item on craigslist.....I read this thread, then later seen this add....and thought I would forward it along on here.......

Z

zombywolf

Buy a 600w MH or HPS instead. In a 4x4 closet, you will yield 10 x what you get from that thing. Had one-ridiculous amt of money and work for yield.

B

bigAl25

I purchased one 25 years ago. The details and complications necessary to grow in the thing made me leave it in the corner for the last 25 years. Purchased a 400 watt MH/HPS instead and went organic this time on my 6 plant grow. You used to send in a sample of your peat moss for them to analyze before they would send you the ferts for the next grow stage. I do not believe they still do that, but you can tell I feel the unit is awarkward to use and a big pain in the ass. Pass on the deal. MH/HPS is the way to go.

D

DazedNconfussed

so from what I gather they run on flouro's? how many do they have in there and what watts?

Hrpuffnstuff

Hrpuffnstuff

There Photopoop have been since 80's , Listen to Texas Kid!! ... best advice so far is the
tent and a 600w , maybe even in a cooltube vertical

good luck

M

MT Farmer

Mine had 3 large arched flouros and one circular one that hing from the ceiling of it. But mine had to be one the originals I'm sure they changed a lot since then. I mean I'm sure they are still shitty though if that is what you are looking for.

R

richydav69

Looks like phototron.com has gone down and the company is now out of business. While looking for an alternative I stumbled upon grobo.io, check them out - pretty cool product.

Top Bottom