Does anyone know anything about The Shatter?

• Thread starter HowardHunt
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HowardHunt

I've heard about this as another extraction that is supposed to be just about the most pure extraction that you can ever produce, something in the high 90's.

I really want to get into it and give it a shot. I know it would take a lot of research but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with what the final product would be called as The Shatter.

I believe that it is a hexane extraction of some sort. There may be some ether in there some where, really intense process but supposedly well worth it.

NwolkZark

NwolkZark

Far as I know honey oil/ bho is the best its going to get, alot of times it comes out rock hard and when you try to break a piece off it will shatter like glass. Thats the only shatter iv'e ever heard of. Even a hexane extraction is the same basic concept/product just with a different solvent. Iv'e only seen 2 guys claim to have done a hexane extraction and they just happened to find a bottle of it. Good review but even they still do bho runs on the regular since their hexane is so limited. Theres been alot of talk about co2 oil but that requires some crazy lab setup that most of us wouldn't even comprehend. I'm pretty sure its just all a quest for a butane replacement. Thats all I know on the subject, if you find something new bring it back for us to smoke:P

P

PotDragon

Shatter is just a term for well done BHO.

It will crytalize and harden if done correctly, such that it may be picked up.

Peace.

C99oil9
C99oil4
E

edux10

to produce shatter, key is to use high quality herb or really frosty trim, AND use very little butane. Like 1/2 of a can for an oz and you will get some BOMB oil. And dont overpurge. best way is to just use hot sink water. most people use boiling water and it overpurges their oil and makes it runny or worse yet runny and black (black can also be cause by too much tane and heat). Dont luck, dont explode.

H

HowardHunt

ah ok I see sorry for the confusion. I think I am going to go down the road of CO2 extraction then. I have a girl on the team with a masters in Chemistry so mine as well give it a shot!

P

PureSugar

ah ok I see sorry for the confusion. I think I am going to go down the road of CO2 extraction then. I have a girl on the team with a masters in Chemistry so mine as well give it a shot!

FWIW the CO2 concentrates that I've seen are nothing like shatter. They have all been gooey and unstable at room temp. They looked and tasted clean but the consistency was that of thick oil, clear and gooey.

The type of equipment used in the CO2 extraction process, is the same equipment used to extract high quality essential oils.

Z

zoeronerer

you freeze it after the solvent evap's shit kickers..... that sucks all the moistures out of it ....then you scrape it with a razor and it comes off in micro panes (shatters).............all over the fukin place , dont get it in yer eyes barneys wear glasses. or moms beer goggles ...

.. i learned it in oakland from cousin rayray and pimpinken..... bad mon dem dem ..
ray ray wasuuuuuuup......its the undersea captain.......

serious tho thats how u dew it ........ mane

G

garrett87

I have done a combo of c02 and bho extraction using a piece of dry ice in the top of my blower just before running the butane. it was the purest wax ive made. straight golden, completely se through and tasted incredible. but the yeild was tiny compared to what i was used to. normally where i would get 15 to 25 % of how much i put in. i only got back a gram of glass shatter to ten grams of dank. it makes it helllllllaaaaaa strong. but you only have a tiny bit of it.

fractal

fractal

Purge your oil in a glass dish and after evaping the butane or hexane, leave it in the oven at 225 for 15 minutes or so. That always was how I got the best quality oil that would shatter like amber.

M

max rez

you can also produce a fine quality shatter with rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl NOT NOT NOT denatured.) (QWISO = qwick iso wash)

1. put some bud in a jar. cover it with alcohol( preferably 90%). shake jar. Do not let the bud sit in the alchol for more than 30 SECONDS!

2. Strain alcohol into pyrex dish using a coffee filter. Let alcohol evaporate. Warm pyrex dish in oven @ 200 degrees for 10 minutes...then scrape up ur goo with razor blade...it will cool then will be SHATTER!

3. smoke it

D

downunderdude

you can also produce a fine quality shatter with rubbing alcohol (Isopropyl NOT NOT NOT denatured.) (QWISO = qwick iso wash)

1. put some bud in a jar. cover it with alcohol( preferably 90%). shake jar. Do not let the bud sit in the alchol for more than 30 SECONDS!

2. Strain alcohol into pyrex dish using a coffee filter. Let alcohol evaporate. Warm pyrex dish in oven @ 200 degrees for 10 minutes...then scrape up ur goo with razor blade...it will cool then will be SHATTER!

3. smoke it
Hi guys, i,ve made i guess you would call shatter, but not like any of these methods. First you want a piece ofvery greenhouse plastic, a six inch ruler, (or bigger) 10 grams either dry shake hash or water hash, some newspaper a rolling pin & a fry pan to cook on stove. First cut plastic to approx 12ins long x 10ins wide. Take your 6in ruler & place it on plastic so as to have 2ins "spare" plastic each end of ruler. Now fold the ruler in the plastic REALLY TIGHT make sure each fold is pressed HARD till you.ve done 6 or 7 folds. When you take the ruler out the plastic should hold ALL fold lines. Now take your 10gram of hash & spread along the first fold dosent have to be to even. Next fold the plastic up nice & tight, then fold the two sides in to seal it all. Now for the newspaper, firstly you need two or three sheets give them a good soak in water then wrap up your plastic in the paper again TIGHT When you have done that put it in your fry pan & cook for 15mins then turn over. At every 30mins take out of pan & roll both sides REALLY HARD with the rolling pin for 2 -3mins put back in pan & cook again. Do this 2-3 times (cook-roll) then carefully unwrap. IF you,ve done it right it will look golden toffee just break & enjoy. Let me know if anyone tries this. (ps found this in a C C mag probly 10yrs ago oldie but a goodie) its raining in the antipodese again. lol

henry

henry

Shatter is cannabis essential oil that is still in carboxylic acid form. Once decarboxylated, it will be an oil, rather than a hard resin.

i did not know that. thanks for teaching me something new today. very interesting.

Top Bottom