Does anyone know if adding ph down to your water as an effect on the microbes in the soil

• Thread starter Brettdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Brettdawg

Brettdawg

What's em1 bro. Could jus use ph down from the grow store.
I'm gena ph down my next lot. I been to 2grow stores one says adding ph down wont affect the microbes in the soil. One shop said it will lol. So il just try it and see if it does anything.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

What's em1 bro. Could jus use ph down from the grow store.
I'm gena ph down my next lot. I been to 2grow stores one says adding ph down wont affect the microbes in the soil. One shop said it will lol. So il just try it and see if it does anything.
only way you will be positive is with a micro scope,
have you buy chance figured out what each of your nutrients do,as in the bottles?like fox trio for example,each bottle measured with same amount of ph and ppm checked water,1 ml of each bottle per glass and rechecked to see what it does to your ph and ppm count?
buy doing this ,you can actually use probally one of the feeds as your ph down,which in turn would be less of the other two but the one bottle drops ph like you want to do.
this can also be used the opisite way with ph up,so folk use silica in there feeds,silica raise the shit out ph quick

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Not using any nutrients at the minute tho mate. Just water for.first three weeks. Theres enuff nutrients ts in the soil for 3-4 weeks apparently. I no that soem nutrients bring ph up and some bring it down. Which wont be a problem when I'm using nutrients.
But as for next three weeks I'm using just water and ph is 7.4

Been looking at bio bizz ph down.
Says will bring.oh down without affecting microbes.

Read screenshot bro .sounds good?

Screenshot 20200116 192258 Samsung Internet
oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

any ph up or down will work,im just suggesting other ways mate,you have gave zero info on your gear,so at 7.4 i asume your rolling with tap water,lemon juice also can be used for down and baking soda for up,when i lived in the city i used lemons to float i my 33 gal tote and bubbled it,also used asorbic acid ,which is vit c to break down the clormine,beside that the lemons floating in can was cool hahahah

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

I've swapped from coco to soil. So first time using soil.
9 plant sog. 600 watt light 2-3week veg I'm gena do then flip.
Guy in grow shop said it's got enuff nutrients for four weeks.
Soils as been buffered to ph 6.5 with lime added. I normally always adjust ph if it's out the range was just trying to find if its okay to use ph down in soil.
I no when I'm using nutrients it's okay to use ph down.
But wernt sure if its alrite to use ph down without affecting the microbes
And yes using tap water 7.4
Letting it stand aswell to get rid of the chlorine.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

I've swapped from coco to soil. So first time using soil.
9 plant sog. 600 watt light 2-3week veg I'm gena do then flip.
Guy in grow shop said it's got enuff nutrients for four weeks.
Soils as been buffered to ph 6.5 with lime added. I normally always adjust ph if it's out the range was just trying to find if its okay to use ph down in soil.
I no when I'm using nutrients it's okay to use ph down.
But wernt sure if its alrite to use ph down without affecting the microbes
And yes using tap water 7.4
Letting it stand aswell to get rid of the chlorine.
cool just buy a jug of distilled water and knock the ph down that way if you dont feel good using up and down,i never really gave it any thought,i use maninly teas and buy the time i bubble and diliuted to ppm i want my ph is usally 6.5 or 6.6,so all good,im on well water now and the shit is hard as hell,7.2 ph and 315 ppm out the tap so 315 of my ppm is already spoke for,the em1 takes that ph right down to 5.5 and comes out the bottle at 3.5,it is microbes and works wonders in soil,efective microrganismism ,it also comes as a mother culture and i use after i ferment it,make 20 times more,but you can buy the reg em1 off amazon .
you rolling in a tent or room?
im running in a 2x4x5 tent right now,sucks too,but using 400 hid ,my upgrade will be a 600 ,1k is to much,600 perfect,i also use fox ocean forest and first 3 weeks nothing but water,so i do add the microbes at that time,usally run um to they get right at 14 in tall in 1 gal pots and flip,this round went with 3 gal pots ,wish i didnt,take up to much room to do same thing,5 ft tall aint much when you add light and filter in there

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Think I'm just gena use ph down and see what happens.
well i was throwing that stuff at you because lot of folk are pure organic,ive use what ever i have at the moment,but like i say a microscope is only way to know for sure

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

Microscope.to check what . The soil?.
I no a few ppl have used ph down with no nad affects. So shouldn't be a problem.
Just when grow store is saying dont youd expect them to no there stuf.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Microscope.to check what . The soil?.
I no a few ppl have used ph down with no nad affects. So shouldn't be a problem.
Just when grow store is saying dont youd expect them to no there stuf.
you can take a soil sample and dilute with ro water and put on a slide ,under scope you will see activity,as far as grow shops go ,there in for money and some may have sense of mind for this love most dont,so like i say every one has a answer to your question,all will be difrent,scope is the sure thing in knowing,ive grown a lot of years and up and down never hurt my end product ,so all you friend

Brettdawg

Brettdawg

you can take a soil sample and dilute with ro water and put on a slide ,under scope you will see activity,as far as grow shops go ,there in for money and some may have sense of mind for this love most dont,so like i say every one has a answer to your question,all will be difrent,scope is the sure thing in knowing,ive grown a lot of years and up and down never hurt my end product ,so all you friend
I will use ph up an down if you've your end products always been fine. Cheers mate

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

If you're worried about micros in the soil pH a bucket of water, add an air stone and make tea. Manure and/or compost in a nylon bag (pantyhose works great) works well with a tbl of black strap molasses.

When I harvest potted plants, from weed to sunflowers I dump the old soil in a compost box and always see fungi (white areas) throughout the soil. I produced a bunch in a trashcan I was composting in and have been using that to make tea along with horse manure. Just a small handfull of each. I also add bran for the fungus to attach.

You can use this to water and foliar spray plants and help keep up the micro populations in the soil.

I don't use this in coco just soil.

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

Do you geed to run.off in soil aswel bro?.
i do,i feed fungal tea one week,bacterial tea next week,then i feed humbolt secret 2 part mix the next week,all in between is water ,the humbolt secret is a new mix i used this round,had to have something simple for my wife to use while i was in hospital,shit working pretty good and very clean to use on the other hand the additive golden tree some down right stanky shit hahaah.
but i also put 1 to 1/2 in flat rocks layer in bottom of my pots so i dont keep wet pots or have them standing in water while they drain,method keeps the knats away

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

If you're worried about micros in the soil pH a bucket of water, add an air stone and make tea. Manure and/or compost in a nylon bag (pantyhose works great) works well with a tbl of black strap molasses.

When I harvest potted plants, from weed to sunflowers I dump the old soil in a compost box and always see fungi (white areas) throughout the soil. I produced a bunch in a trashcan I was composting in and have been using that to make tea along with horse manure. Just a small handfull of each. I also add bran for the fungus to attach.

You can use this to water and foliar spray plants and help keep up the micro populations in the soil.

I don't use this in coco just soil.
bro ive used my teas in coco too and did just as well as the soil grows

Top Bottom