Does Anyone Know If The Helios 15 Lighting Controller Has A Fuse Inside?

• Thread starter vangs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
vangs

vangs

something that could blow and would need to get replaced... my box stopped working.

Dan789

Dan789

Not sure on fuse, did you give their customer service number 1-888-808-4826 a call?

FennarioMike

FennarioMike

something that could blow and would need to get replaced... my box stopped working.
I have a 12, and I can check when I get home - but they don't have a fuse. I'm thinking that there may be some sort of surge device for each side - I'll check when I get home. But even so, I don't know if it's really replaceable. I would also think that if it was one of those, that you would only lose the A or B side - not both.

Are you sure that it's the controller and not something else? Do you have a voltmeter or know anyone that does? If so, you can check to see that you for sure have voltage coming in and none coming out of any of the outputs.

Could it be that the timer isn't triggering it for some reason? Does it do that big click sound when it wants to turn on?

vangs

vangs

I have a 12, and I can check when I get home - but they don't have a fuse. I'm thinking that there may be some sort of surge device for each side - I'll check when I get home. But even so, I don't know if it's really replaceable. I would also think that if it was one of those, that you would only lose the A or B side - not both.

Are you sure that it's the controller and not something else? Do you have a voltmeter or know anyone that does? If so, you can check to see that you for sure have voltage coming in and none coming out of any of the outputs.

Could it be that the timer isn't triggering it for some reason? Does it do that big click sound when it wants to turn on?
its the 2 contacts inside.

Dan789

Dan789

So if it's the contactor(s) inside, you can crack the box open voiding the warrantee. From then on it's just the diagnosis of the contactor(s) coil(s).
You can then try to "read" any resistance through them with the wiring disconnected from them. (Marked for reassembly). Might just be the timers which are powering those same contractors.
Curious what did customer service tell you regarding this problem? Were they helpful at all?
Difficult to provide any meaningful information via this medium, possibly a appliance repairman could give you some help if the repair/ diagnosis is beyond your repertoire.

vangs

vangs

So if it's the contactor(s) inside, you can crack the box open voiding the warrantee. From then on it's just the diagnosis of the contactor(s) coil(s).
You can then try to "read" any resistance through them with the wiring disconnected from them. (Marked for reassembly). Might just be the timers which are powering those same contractors.
Curious what did customer service tell you regarding this problem? Were they helpful at all?
Difficult to provide any meaningful information via this medium, possibly a appliance repairman could give you some help if the repair/ diagnosis is beyond your repertoire.
naw man i didn't call them. no patience with waiting on the phone.. i had my electrician look at it.. i had him test it to see if it was the timer. it wasn't.. he said the contacts won't hold. you know when the timer kicks on you hear that metal click, thats the contacts turning on but in my case they turn on and off really fast. won't hold... is it possible for me to buy new contacts and just replace them?

hiboy

hiboy

99.9% sure no
When u plug the trigger wire in do you hear a pop from the contactors turning on
Yes you can replace the contractors but I probably wouldn't I would just buy whole new unit
Are you sure your wires that go to the contactors are plugged in and the breakers on
Hb

Top Bottom