Does anyone know what the problem is?

• Thread starter Dumb Okie
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PK1

PK1

Supporter
Pictures of roots. Like at the base where it goes into the hydroton?
pick up the black lid and take picture of the roots.

update: lol my bad, i thought the hydro pibbles were inside of a mesh lid. I guess you can't take picture of the roots.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I've had mites before on a different grow. They were spotted spider mites tho. I could see them. Like you say little dots moving around. But I dont see anything like that here.
Fwiw russet mites are impossible to see without a high power magnifyer. Even then.. They are impossibly small and nothing like spider mites.

PK1

PK1

Supporter
Plant deffeciency

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Also, I never said "deficiency"..I said issue. Probably plenty, just not totally available. Adding calmag is gonna make it worse. You seem to have figured that out already though 👍

Understanding calcium and how it "works" with cannabis is a big step for all growers because it behaves very differently than the rest of the nutrients. It's "picky" is my best way to describe it lol

Plus, this is really minor stuff we're talking based on your pics but its great that you're all over it. 👍🌱

Last edited:
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did I miss something? These are in hydroton correct? Are they pure hydro, drain to waste or flood and drain?

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
That chart is wrong, Calcium is immobile in the plant, not mobile.
I don't know who pays Google what but that's always the first to pop up and its the worst! Ever! All illustrations too! not real pics. Ugh.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Well I'm just gonna leave this here. Looks like root issues, possibly bugs, ph, feed frequency, root rot... and or transpiration issues because of roots or high humidity and poor airflow.

If they are in hydroton like that they should be fed almost constantly.

I think an explanation of exactly what theybare in and exactly how you are feeding them may help.

Dumb Okie

Dumb Okie

Did I miss something? These are in hydroton correct? Are they pure hydro, drain to waste or flood and drain?
Yes they are planted directly in hydroton in 5 gal buckets. The bottoms are all drilled out they are top fed through drippers

Dumb Okie

Dumb Okie

Its constant flow there are no drippers on the tubes so nutes constantly flow through the hydroton. This isn't my first grow just the first time iv had this problem. This is my first grow in the new closet i built so It could be an environmental issue.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Its constant flow there are no drippers on the tubes so nutes constantly flow through the hydroton. This isn't my first grow just the first time iv had this problem. This is my first grow in the new closet i built so It could be an environmental issue.
Ok and what are the temps and are you using anything to prevent root rot?

It could be as simple as your humidity and im kinda leaning that way but just covering it all. I have seen twisted deformed growth also from root pests or unhealthy roots. Which is why I'm asking these questions.

Last edited:
Dumb Okie

Dumb Okie

Well I'm just gonna leave this here. Looks like root issues, possibly bugs, ph, feed frequency, root rot... and or transpiration issues because of roots or high humidity and poor airflow.

If they are in hydroton like that they should be fed almost constantly.

I think an explanation of exactly what theybare in and exactly how you are feeding them may help.
Ok and what are the tenls and are you using anything to prevent root rot?

It could be as simple as your humidity and im kinda leaning that way but just covering it all. I have seen twisted deformed growth also from root pests or unhealthy roots. Which is why I'm asking these questions.
It drains very well so I dont think its root rot although I'm only feeding it megacrop. Nothing else.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It drains very well so I dont think its root rot although I'm only feeding it megacrop. Nothing else.
In any hydroponic or aeroponic system which is pretty close to what your are doing i would suggest enzymes and either southern ag fungicide or hydrogaurd. Especially where you cant see the roots.

Have you grown this way before? I would think growth rates would be extremely good if you can keep the roots healthy.

Grownsince95

Grownsince95

❤🌱❤🤘😁✌
Supporter
Ok and what are the temps and are you using anything to prevent root rot?

Yeah we love to over-think around these parts.. myself included! This thread was probably solved at "lower your rh" 👍

Dumb Okie

Dumb Okie

In any hydroponic or aeroponic system which is pretty close to what your are doing i would suggest enzymes and either southern ag fungicide or hydrogaurd. Especially where you cant see the roots.

Have you grown this way before? I would think growth rates would be extremely good if you can keep the roots healthy.
Yes I have had some good success growing his way

20200513 175609
20200429 203732
Top Bottom