Does anyone make time lapse videos?

• Thread starter Xebediah
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Xebediah

Xebediah

Anyone else enjoy watching/making time lapse videos of their plants? I've been trying to practice making these to try to better closely monitor how the plants respond to their inputs as well as monitor growth rates. But, I think they're just fun to watch.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i just set some old phones up in the tent, i was thinking of doing this... if i can figure out how!

Xebediah

Xebediah

I set up an action cam to take snapshots every 5 seconds (even though it's actually like 7 seconds). Then take all the photos and compile them together using Movie Maker in Windows 10. I set each shot's time to .03 seconds and then just save the video in high definition. After I save the video, I start another project with the video I just saved and adjust the speed to 32x then save a new finished video. I've tried just recording video, but then it takes FOREVER to get it finished just because the file size of a video is so big. Plus, with recorded videos, you also have recorded sound that adds to file size and have to figure out a way to mute it out.

i just set some old phones up in the tent, i was thinking of doing this... if i can figure out how!
If you can figure out a way to just take snapshot photos, it is much easier and faster to compile for time lapse in my experience.

firstgrowdontknow

firstgrowdontknow

Droid Cam is free to try, but I think the paid one might be able to take snapshots? I havent paid for it, just messed around wiht it a bit.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i found Alfred camera and it says it will record and store to the cloud. i just have to figure out how. i used my old cell phones and Alfred and have placed them in the tent, so i just have to figure out how to use the thing!

Top Bottom