Does anyone run GH nutrients in there UC system's??

• Thread starter smalltime99
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smalltime99

Hello I am new to the site but not the culture.... I became a patient in Cali in 1999. Great site!

So I was curious to know if anyone uses GH nutrients in there UC systems? I did a search but really couldn't find anything. I don't currently use a UC but think the system is very well thought out! I am familiar with the homer bucket's and drip system's. Very easy system to have to maintain during flower. Big Res gets low you refill....basic. I am curious to know how the UC works? Do you have a res that has a mark in it or certain amount of gallons it has to maintain in order to operate and function right? Do you drain the system often during flower? Also I seem to read a lot that people use half nutrients? Is this cause they want to for there sake or is it because UC tells you to?

Thanks and really appreciate and help or answer's! Let's not try and make this a battle thread over nutrients.....

st

S

Seed Buyer

I love GH Nova for my coco grows but have wandered if the humates would have any benefit in a water culture system where no medium is needed.

S

smalltime99

Ya I read the thread about best nutes for UC....in that thread it is really never answered at why a GH 3 part can't work in a UC system?

B

bluewaves

its works well for me ! i just stick to what i know give the plants whats it need
gh KISS!

A

amstercal

hey, bluewaves. You use the 3 part? What additives do you run? How many runs have you done with it? I don't suppose you have any pics? Thanks, you seem to be one of the few out there doing this, so it would be great to hear.

opt1c

opt1c

i ran it in bio buckets back in the day and found the n in the grow to be a touch too hot for dwc so i ran lucas with decent results... never ran it in the uc's though

B

bluewaves

Gh nutes in uc

hey, bluewaves. You use the 3 part? What additives do you run? How many runs have you done with it? I don't suppose you have any pics? Thanks, you seem to be one of the few out there doing this, so it would be great to hear.

Bro I don't use the 3 part I just use the
2 part micro and bloom I keep my ppm where my plants response well , been running it pretty well in the uc for couples
Months now I'm very happy with the gh nutes ! No additives or anything else in it
I been just keeping it KISS ! I do have pics once I learn how to post it up I will lol

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

I don't see why you couldn't run gh... Gh is solid and produces some a1 quality shit in the end. Give it a shot and keep us posted. The more nute programs run through this thing the merrier.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
when UC first came out there was a thread about how the Micro would be effected (fallout) by constantly being pumped and the high DO

I been using Gh as far back as 91

I have no complaints with the DM main nutes - but I may drop the zone and go with aquashield

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
foliar is ok for supplementing or if you have a deficiency

but your not going to get enough uptake of micro nutes via foliar

and Im for sure not spraying anything on my flowering gals

S

smalltime99

Thanks guys for the info! I think I still will give the UC a shot and see what comes of it. Think I will also stay with the three parts and see if it is affected differently than before. Not sure I see anything really different other than it doesn't drip from top, and has air stones. Other than that it is the same basic concept I have been using for 12years plus, except I drip from top for 15min every hour. Do the UC fill and drain like a ebb and flow? As I have been lurking around reading other threads I can see that my way is not done by many and seems out dated! LOL

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

when UC first came out there was a thread about how the Micro would be effected (fallout) by constantly being pumped and the high DO

I been using Gh as far back as 91

I have no complaints with the DM main nutes - but I may drop the zone and go with aquashield

foliar is ok for supplementing or if you have a deficiency

but your not going to get enough uptake of micro nutes via foliar

and Im for sure not spraying anything on my flowering gals
I hear you but if you really want your micro it is a way... And foliar doesn't hurt when it's flower time it ain't like you can't be careful to not spray the buds just all the big fan leaves. It rains outside all the time and outdoor buds come out fine a little mist ain't gonna hurt and the plants will absorb any nutes in the foliar anyway. The same way they take it through the roots it's just spoon fed via foliar which I'm sure you know. I think as long as your humidity is low and your airflow is good there is no problem with foliar feeding up until about week 6 on a 8-9 week strain.

squarepusher

squarepusher

About micros, I don't see why what may happen to GH's micros, wouldn't happen to other brand micros?

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

About micros, I don't see why what may happen to GH's micros, wouldn't happen to other brand micros?

That's what I was thinking about earlier... I think people tend to make a bigger deal of shit then they really need to it ain't like your not gonna be adding fresh ones back every day anyway.

QuarterbackMo

QuarterbackMo

That's what I was thinking about earlier... I think people tend to make a bigger deal of shit then they really need to it ain't like your not gonna be adding fresh ones back every day anyway.

On top of all that I have seen some serious gh dwc/rdwc grows that went great and the same amount of do was in the water. Just because the uc moves faster it doesn't mean the do levels are any higher then a rdwc or dwc system. If the water is at 68* it can only hold so much do... Stick a 70l/min pump on 4 or 5 buckets like I did and you got excess air beyond max do levels, so much that you can feel it rolling out of the hydroton at the top. I am not the only one to put that much air on 4 or 5 buckets look around people have done more and ran gh and it did very well. The only thing different about the uc is the uc recirculates the water a lot faster and is easier to control and adapt things to and the buckets are bigger... I say just roll the gh so we can all see what happens... If it doesnt do good then switch. I wanna see how it does.

Bubblehaze

Bubblehaze

I am GH Flora 3 part user with all advanced nutrient additives in my Uc works great I use lower doses than recommended they have them to high for the uC

B

bluewaves

Just give what's the plant needs and it will be golden! To me
It doesn't seem to matter what's nutes is in it,
As long as ur room is dial in ur good to go! I'm running 4 different strain and 4 different uc setting and yes 4 different nutes company ! And tell u guys te truth they all seem to perform the same !

Top Bottom