Does Anyone Use Google Wave?

• Thread starter HypnoToad
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

HypnoToad

So I got an invite to Google wave, but so far, I have been too lazy to figure out what the hell it's for. Additionally, I have a bunch of invites for those who give a shit. But there is one condition:

You must tell me something about Google Wave so I can passively learn how to use it without putting forth any effort on my part.

Peace,
HT

BansheeRider

BansheeRider

hey toad,
i'm a user ;)

i would describe it as the evolution of email - i think that's how they describe it and i tend to agree.
it's like gmail where your messages are organized in conversations called waves, but you can share images, links, vids etc and interact with them as well as use or develop extensions and bots that give you added functionalities. For example the google map extension they show in the video. i can add one to a wave and pinpoint a location and you can move that marker or add others to the same map. and its all in real time, even the messages, you see them as they get typed.

im starting to experiment using it at work to share info and discuss things with my team (im in web application development). for example i can start a wave on requirements and specifics and the others can comment or edit or add to the wave so we basically have an online group discussion and it all stays in the cloud.

i hope i was clear enough, its sometimes difficult to explain technical stuff without showing how it works.
i suggest watching the intro vids they sent you, they are helpful...

this is also fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcxF9oz9Cu0

BR

H

HypnoToad

Thanks Dude,

That actually made perfect sense. I actually work in the tech industry so I am technically inclined, but I have to admit that Google Wave isn't as intuitive as their other products. But, then again, it sounds like one of their most powerful apps yet. BTW, I am all for cloud computing, but losing whole accounts, BS upload times for any real data, ISP throttling, privacy and encryption concerns keep me from embracing it full on. It's still too early in the game, just like home networking which is a mess too.

Peace,
HT

H

HypnoToad

Wow. I thought someone would like an invite. People are seriously going gaga over these invites. Well, offer is still out there.

HT

Top Bottom