Does anyone use Milwaukee PH / TDS combo meter..?

• Thread starter lwcatgraff
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lwcatgraff

lwcatgraff

It seems many prefer BlueLabs products for high end measuring devices/ meters for ph, tds ec...
Does anyone use currently or have used recently the Milwaukee PRO 3in1 combo meter. ..or know the quality of the meters / company in general?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It seems many prefer BlueLabs products for high end measuring devices/ meters for ph, tds ec...
Does anyone use currently or have used recently the Milwaukee PRO 3in1 combo meter. ..or know the quality of the meters / company in general?
Used Milwaukee ph meters for many years in aquatics. I have no complaints. Bluelab is a step up imo.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
I have a question. Probably a stupid one. Every time I check my PPM, so I have to rinse with distilled water before testing run off PPM? Thanks.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I have a question. Probably a stupid one. Every time I check my PPM, so I have to rinse with distilled water before testing run off PPM? Thanks.
Doesn't need to be rinsed for our use but it won't hurt. I just rinse mine in some tap doesn't need to be distilled. The important thing is don't store it in distilled water use storage solution and don't let it dry out.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Doesn't need to be rinsed for our use but it won't hurt. I just rinse mine in some tap doesn't need to be distilled. The important thing is don't store it in distilled water use storage solution and don't let it dry out.
Wait.. your supposed to store the pen in storage solution? Like dipped inside the liquid until I use it again? 🤣🤔🤔 all new information.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Wait.. your supposed to store the pen in storage solution? Like dipped inside the liquid until I use it again? 🤣🤔🤔 all new information.
Yes. KCL 4 is what most use.

ahah well fuck me.. I was talking ph meter. Not you don't need to store TDS meter in a solution

lwcatgraff

lwcatgraff

Used Milwaukee ph meters for many years in aquatics. I have no complaints. Bluelab is a step up imo.

I'm currently using a ph test solution, so going to a meter is a huge leap ahead...
Bluelabs is twice as expensive so i just wanted to make sure I wasn't buying something disposable like 'Amazon pH pens' that are cheap and you get what you pay for...
With the pH solution, it says 3-5 drops, but as you add more, the color changes, so your "reading" moves as you add drops.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm currently using a ph test solution, so going to a meter is a huge leap ahead...
Bluelabs is twice as expensive so i just wanted to make sure I wasn't buying something disposable like 'Amazon pH pens' that are cheap and you get what you pay for...
With the pH solution, it says 3-5 drops, but as you add more, the color changes, so your "reading" moves as you add drops.
Usually they are 5ml of water and x amount of drops. It's important to be as close as possible. One thing you will want with a probe is calibration solutions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom