Does anyone use Surround WP with cuttings?

• Thread starter organicness
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
organicness

organicness

Hey there,

I was wondering if anyone uses Surround WP when you either A) take cuttings yourself, or B (and more importantly)) bring cuttings in from somewhere else. I use this stuff on my pear trees and all of my cabbage, brussels sprouts, peppers, etc seedlings when planting out in the garden to prevent pest damage. It's awesome stuff, and I never thought about it's use for cuttings until today.

Figured I'd see if anyone else has used this protectant before.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Never heard of it before, only Physan 20. I would love to know more about these preventatives, many thanks for the heads-up!

Ok, reading the information on the site you linked, it looks like something I may wish to add to my rotation. As a physical barrier I believe I can put it to great use on my squashes, tomatoes and especially the peppers that get sunburned so easily. But I've also planted several orchard trees (apple, pear, peach and fig) and it appears to be great for them, too.

Huger thanks!

organicness

organicness

Anytime! It's a big protectant up 'round these parts with all the certified organic farms. I had awful blister mites on my pear trees last year and a combo of that and some copper spray in the late fall when they were out on the limbs worked total wonders, and this year hardly even 3 leaves showed mite damage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom