Does athena cleanse kill microbes ? Also is using microbes effective in growdan cubes on a flood feed system?

• Thread starter Masonsdad15
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Just want to know if athena cleanse kills microbes in the growing medium. Also is using microbial products effective in growdan cubes? Or is it a waste? If bad microbes can grow in the growdan medium then why can't good microbes? Oh man also makes me wonder about using synthetic newts and organic newts. I use both. Any issues with that?

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Organic nutes in rockwool cubes will lead to algae blooms and bacterial growth because of the sugars and the raw matters in em...making the cube a mess and restricting his oxygen and water holding capacity
As fas as useful ones.....Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens will help you against budrot and other bad fungi...in the res is perfect and also if you DTW
What we call bad fungi/bacteria , they live off decayng matter like others but they are not beneficial to the plant...to the point that they can attack her and make her sick...
Good ones are the ones that live in sybiosys with the roots providing assimilable nutirients to the rootshairs....and using salt nutes you really dont need em...

If you got ahold on how to water properly rockwool you will find that you dont need all the bacterias that an organic grows need....
If bad microbes can grow in the growdan medium then why can't good microbes?
Good microbes are mostly found in wild soil, near the roots....very far away from your growroom😀..meanwhile bad ones are dominating the human dwelled spaces....and they take over wherever there are not competitors exactly like houses and any other human space where natural balance is disturbed....

Z

zebracake

Yes it's hypochlorous acid which is the same thing as bleach but at a ph of 6 I think. Their recommended dose is the equivalent of 2-3ppm of chlorine which will kill microbes. You're better off just mixing a small amount of bleach to get 2-3ppm of chlorine. I have no experience with rockwool but I use fulvic acid and kelp extract in hydro coco dtw. I believe it's better than a sterile res as long as you're using beneficials but don't think I've seen anyone use organics in rockwool.

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Organic nutes in rockwool cubes will lead to algae blooms and bacterial growth because of the sugars and the raw matters in em...making the cube a mess and restricting his oxygen and water holding capacity
As fas as useful ones.....Bacillus Amyloliquefaciens will help you against budrot and other bad fungi...in the res is perfect and also if you DTW
What we call bad fungi/bacteria , they live off decayng matter like others but they are not beneficial to the plant...to the point that they can attack her and make her sick...
Good ones are the ones that live in sybiosys with the roots providing assimilable nutirients to the rootshairs....and using salt nutes you really dont need em...

If you got ahold on how to water properly rockwool you will find that you dont need all the bacterias that an organic grows need....

Good microbes are mostly found in wild soil, near the roots....very far away from your growroom😀..meanwhile bad ones are dominating the human dwelled spaces....and they take over wherever there are not competitors exactly like houses and any other human space where natural balance is disturbed....
Interesting. Thank you. I'm using for veg
heavy 16 base A&B 3ml
Tps Silica gold 2ml
Cal magic 2ml
Tps N-primer ever other week 1ml
Liquid karma 1ml
Floralicious Plus 1ml
Bio cozyme 2ml
Tps roots 1ml
Photosynthesis plus 1ml
Super thrive 1ml
Hvy16 finish 1ml
Alfalfa Extract at 5 ml when transplanting from starter cube to grow Dan 4x4x4.
Vitamyze at 5ml once in veg at transplant to 1gals with crutons from and with growdan 4x4x4s.
They are about to get fed. Lights just came on. Tps is that Amazon brand it's pretty cheap and if their marketing isn't baloney they use some pretty up to date ingredients.

For flower
Again hvy 16 A & B 5ml till wk 7
Again tps Silica 1ml till wk6
Calmagic 2ml till wk 6
Tps bloom 1ml till wk 7
Floralicous plus 1ml till wk 6
Liquid karma 1ml till wk6
Bio cozyme 1ml till wk 6
Tps signal 1ml all the way through
Hvy16 finish at 1ml till wk 7 then 10ml wk 8 for flush along with florakleen at 10ml
Tps roots 1ml till wk 4
Photosynthesis plus 1ml till wk 4
Vitamyze at 5ml wk1 only
Alfalfa Extract by growing organic at 5ml wk 1 and wk 4 only.
Liquid koolbloom at 2ml wk 5&6
Powder koolbloom wk 6&7
Oh and bullshit avalanche just cause I have a large bottle I got for free at 2ml wk 6 and 7 haha.

What can I lose or drop out. I'm sure yall are gonna rip that schedual apart. But keep in mind I use very small quantities and the newts are cheaper than you might think. And please look up that tps brand before dissing it. I'll post just the Silica Gold for an example. Has damn near every angle of silica possible. Lmk thanks.

20220803 204655
20220803 204708
Screenshot 20220803 205928 Samsung Notes
Screenshot 20220803 205935 Samsung Notes
Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Thanks for the info doesn't the tps root Boost which has every bac and fungi in it provide those same microbs you are referring to that are in soil? Lmk if it's just a waste cause that would be great news to hear lol.

Screenshot 20220803 211033 Chrome
Screenshot 20220803 211014 Chrome
Screenshot 20220803 210951 Chrome
Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Yeah I'm sorry I didn't mean full on organics just some kelps and Floralicous plus and such. Some Molasses here and there. Thanks dude.

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

I have had some issues lately with some sorta bad microbe. My partner used recharge .... well he sprinkled it into the 4x4x4 at transplant from starter cube to the 4x4x4 and it took forever for them to root through the 4x4x4. Turned all sickly and showed all sorts of deficiencies. But man when they popped through it was insane. Construction nail sized roots completely covering or coming out of every square inch of the bottom of the cube. Let me find a pic..... OKAY BE it wasn't that crazy now that I found a pic but still way more than normally. Haha.

Screenshot 20220803 212119 Photos
Screenshot 20220803 212002 Photos
Screenshot 20220803 211953 Photos
Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Well, growing organic in Rockwool its definitely possible and your plants look really good!
Those roots looks healty to me!!!
In my cubes i used just Masterblend, Epsom, Calcium nitrate and Regulator by Aptus (silica) adding sporadically enzymes....

If you are happy dont fix it! But would be interesting for you to just try a basic and balanced nutrient line and see if theres really a difference/need in using all those additives.....
Now i flower in Coco and keep mothers and vegging plants in cubes and i love the Mammoth P additive....it really added a frost on my clones... (sorry i just named another additive lol)
Yeah that root boost has many organic ingredients plus those soil microbes....that are really not necessary in rockwool cubes....

be aware that all that organic matter will make proliferate life....good and bad and this could create ph swings and deform the structure of the rockwool transform it in a less miraculous medium and more like soil type of grow

Is it your first time usign this particular teknique? I would be curious to see those cubes at the end of the grow...

Once i added some Predators for Gnats on my cubes and their medium had some organics in it....the cube quickly turned in dozen colors of molds and his ability to suck water was greater reduced hence the speed of growth.....since then i dont bother with anything organic in ti...i like my cubes clean and pristine!

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Well, growing organic in Rockwool its definitely possible and your plants look really good!
In my cubes i used just Masterblend, Epsom, Calcium nitrate and Regulator by Aptus (silica) adding sporadically enzymes....

If you are happy dont fix it! But would be interesting for you to just try a basic and balanced nutrient line and see if theres really a difference/need in using all those additives.....
Now i flower in Coco and keep mothers and vegging plants in cubes and i love the Mammoth P additive....it really added a frost on my clones... (sorry i just named another additive lol)
Yeah that root boost has many organic ingredients plus those soil microbes....that are really not necessary in rockwool cubes....

be aware that all that organic matter will make proliferate life....good and bad and this could create ph swings and deform the structure of the rockwool transform it in a less miraculous medium and more like soil type of grow

Is it your first time usign this particular teknique? I would be curious to see those cubes at the end of the grow...

Once i added some Predators for Gnats on my cubes and their medium had some organics in it....the cube quickly turned in dozen colors of molds and his ability to suck water was greater reduced hence the speed of growth.....since then i dont bother with anything organic in ti...i like my cubes clean and pristine!
No you are totally right now that I think about it. I have had great roots but many issues this last 8 months since I started using more and more microbes and of course the microbial feed products to go along with it. Man I gotta think for a bit. Might have just really figured something out for me. I want to know what a standard hydro or rockwool type nutrient line up would entail. Using just enzymes and like hydrogaurd or something. Idk. Yeah I'll be back.

Oh and the roots usually look like a basket weave with two flat patties of spun up growth at the end. Do to how I transplant or add croutons in. It's goes 4x4x4 then transplant to 1 gallon pots with a half gallon of croutons the roots form that flat thick mass at the bottom creating a disk or puck of root mass and then 2 weeks before flower I add in another few handfuls of crutons and the roots drop down through that again to form another root mass and circular disk like puck about 2 inches thick. I usually get a nice vegative growth spurt after each trans plant. OK I gotta think. Thanks a lot man. Really.

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

Hey bud so your cubes stay fairly clean like no black or green mold on top and for me they get a bit redish to yellow Tanish by the end (salts and dies likely) and I'm assuming the root mass too? And you found your growth rates to be much greater this way. OK. I'm liking this. I used to do it this way when I started but since then have gone off track thinking about the microbial ..... well nevermind. Can you take a look at my recipe and also what's yours and what type of products do you look out for and or look for. Do you use any sort of root booster or microbial inoculant or feed? And I know this but help me be reminded. The type of newts used in rockwool or hydro are generally ready for absorption and no microbial break down is needed?

Se7en07_Exotics

Se7en07_Exotics

I've always grown in rockwool with the 6" Hugo's and like someone else mentioned I've heard that organics cause algae and bacteria builds up over time and not your good bacteria. A good friend of mine makes a home made organic tea that he uses once a week on his plants and I've seen what it does for the plants so I was trying to incorporate it somehow in my grow. That was back when I had a ebb and flow setup, I have a automated drip setup now. Also yes Athena Cleanse will kill them off. As far as microbial products in the rockwool I've also used Orca and recently threw King Crab in the mix and my plants love it. You have a pretty long list going there lol not hating or anything it just brings back memories when I was using GH's full line of nutrients and had like 10 different jugs for everything lol I DO NOT miss those days. I use salts now like you were mentioning and will NEVER go back. I've been using Floraflex for the last almost 2 years and love it. It's SUPER CLEAN, easy to mix and you're not mixing up 10 different things in your res or to water lol. 2 parts for veg and 2 parts for bloom and then they have their Bulky B/Full Tilt to throw in during flower and that's it man. I only add my Orca/King Crab and PowerSI which I now only foliar spray. Anyways, I just wanted to share what I was running with my cubes and let you know that you can definitely run microbes on rockwool.

Masonsdad15

Masonsdad15

I've always grown in rockwool with the 6" Hugo's and like someone else mentioned I've heard that organics cause algae and bacteria builds up over time and not your good bacteria. A good friend of mine makes a home made organic tea that he uses once a week on his plants and I've seen what it does for the plants so I was trying to incorporate it somehow in my grow. That was back when I had a ebb and flow setup, I have a automated drip setup now. Also yes Athena Cleanse will kill them off. As far as microbial products in the rockwool I've also used Orca and recently threw King Crab in the mix and my plants love it. You have a pretty long list going there lol not hating or anything it just brings back memories when I was using GH's full line of nutrients and had like 10 different jugs for everything lol I DO NOT miss those days. I use salts now like you were mentioning and will NEVER go back. I've been using Floraflex for the last almost 2 years and love it. It's SUPER CLEAN, easy to mix and you're not mixing up 10 different things in your res or to water lol. 2 parts for veg and 2 parts for bloom and then they have their Bulky B/Full Tilt to throw in during flower and that's it man. I only add my Orca/King Crab and PowerSI which I now only foliar spray. Anyways, I just wanted to share what I was running with my cubes and let you know that you can definitely run microbes on rockwool.
Thanks bub. Yeah it definitely does cause algae growth.

Yeah I have 4 ebb and flow rooms and 1 larger drip feed room. Flower rooms.

Haha yeah I know that list is stupid long. This is my modified list per some thinking and our conversations. Lmk if similar to your floraflex in the ways I am wanting to change back to like you do for keeping the medium clean.

Also is that power si more than just silica I keep hearing about it and my partner left a bottle behind.

For a decent well rounded schedule I like to say there are the essential categories like base, Micros, silica, enzymes, Aminos, acids, Vitamins and then hormone or natural pgrs that promote hormones for growth. Like kelp and auxins and cytokins and tricantnol etc. I chose products based off covering those bases. (Might have left one out).

Veg.
1.Tps Silica Gold (silica)

2.Hvy16 A&B (marcos & micros)

3.Calmag (micros)

4.TPS N-Primer (xtra macro)

5.Bio cozyme (made of different meals but the alfalfa is what I like, see pic)

6.Mb ferts secret sauce veg formula (has auxins and tricantnol and b vitamins).

7. Hvy 16 finish (for humic acid) any other product for that essential.

8. Athena cleanse. (You know)

9 Tps root Boost (microbials)

Flower
1.Tps Silica Gold (silica)

2.Hvy16 A&B (marcos & micros)

3.Calmag (micros)

4. Tps bloom (xtra Macros and more)

5. Liquid Koolbloom (bulking)

6. Powder koolbloom (booster and ripening)

7. Tps signal (terps and more)

8.Bio cozyme

9. Hvy 16 finish

10. Mb ferts secrete sauce flower formula.

11. Cleanse
12. Florakleen (just last week)

Now how does it look. Oh yeah and alfalfa extra at a few key weeks during both veg and flower. Maybe 4 times during the whole veg and flower. And also the big dog of my products.... vitamyze only once in veg and once in flower. You gotta try it. See pic.

Screenshot 20220806 060739 Samsung Notes
Screenshot 20220806 060757 Samsung Notes
Screenshot 20220806 060942 Samsung Notes
Se7en07_Exotics

Se7en07_Exotics

I forgot to mention I use the Floraflex drip shields which they make in different sizes to cover the top of the rockwool cubes. PowerSI is mainly silicic acid, but it's also their own blend of boric acid, phosphoric acid and I believe potassium sulfate. I'd have to go look again to see exactly what's in it, but those are the basics. As far as your nutrients go to be honest bro I'm not familiar with a lot of those products man and only have experience with a few different brands. Back when I was using liquids I would literally run the ENTIRE program with every product possible and man what a waste it was. Floraflex gave me a few sample of their complete line and I did 1 side by side and literally threw out the rest of my GH's line smh I'm not even kidding lol. So I've stuck with them even since and I was already using the Orca and PowerSI already so I kept that in the mix, but that's it man. Super clean and super simple and the results speak for themselves. The ease of use wasn't even the main reason I switched to salts, honestly it was my results, the easiness was just a bonus. Sorry I can't be more help man, but really you should just compare the labels if your trying to find out if there's certain nutrients in certain brands and all that.

Grapefruitroop

Grapefruitroop

Hey bud so your cubes stay fairly clean like no black or green mold on top and for me they get a bit redish to yellow Tanish by the end (salts and dies likely) and I'm assuming the root mass too? And you found your growth rates to be much greater this way. OK. I'm liking this. I used to do it this way when I started but since then have gone off track thinking about the microbial ..... well nevermind. Can you take a look at my recipe and also what's yours and what type of products do you look out for and or look for. Do you use any sort of root booster or microbial inoculant or feed? And I know this but help me be reminded. The type of newts used in rockwool or hydro are generally ready for absorption and no microbial break down is needed?
I get some green algea on top of the cubes cause i dont shield em from light, but yeah much better growth rate and healtier plants with cleaner cube...
I use masterblend and i really cant say nothing bad about it...its cheap and effective and i add silica and enzymes thats it... its all salts no organics so no breakdown needed...
As fas as all the additive available...i try to keep everything simple, and use only stuff that can give me noticeble results, its easy to get caught in the marketing and spend a lot of money but then nobody notice the difference in the quality or you in yield ....Flavorwise masterblend has made no complains....i use generous amounts of Epsom salts also....
i use superthrive justo on clones for rooting em..
i also try buy most of the ingredients from agricultural stores, like aminos anzymes, big bags of calcium nitrate , magnesium sulphate etc to keep the fertilizer expenses at the minimum....

Top Bottom