Does Canna Coco + RO + Canna nutes = calmag need

• Thread starter minster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

strictlyOG

you can use it 5ml per gallon in veg and bump it up to 10 ml per gallon in flower. although i have had great results with 7ml per gallon in flower.

T

tweeze420

I use the Canna Coco and dont use RO water and still use a Calcium and Mag Supplement. Couple things first: Canna doesnt want you to use all RO water, they tell you to do a half tap half RO combo for the water, i believe they ask you to do this because they know you will see a deficency, I dont use CALMAG from botanicare, it is a real dirty product, the form of Iron they use the EDTA is a man made chelate that is just plain dirty, also sometimes you can pour your cal-mag in a bottle and it is super golden in color, other times it is so murky you cant see through it, One of those 3 elements in that product have fallen out of suspension and most offten times it is a preciptation of the calcium and mag bonding with each other. I like to use Plant Amp and Mag Amp from Cutting Edge solutions along witht the rest of my Canna. The Plant Amp is organic and the Mag Amp is the fastest working Mag i have ever come across, they cost more but all the good products do.

M

max_well

Thanks for the insight on Botanicare calmag. Can you mention more about how you employ the Cutting Edge products? I found this note on their website about Plant Amp, their calcium product:
"** NOTE ** Plant Amp™ contains Organic Acids which cause a temporary low pH reading. Do not adjust pH up. The pH will rise naturally as the plant uptakes the chelated calcium in one or two days. "
Do you take this into consideration?

How about Botanicare's organic nutrient line Ca and Mg supplements, 'Calplex 'and 'Huvega'. The calcium is derived from Ca carbonate, so contains no N source, and the Huvega from Mg Sulfate. (CalMag plus uses Calcium and Magnesium Nitrate). The ratio of Ca to Mg in these organic supplements, if used in equal proportion, is the same as in calmag plus (3:1 Ca:mg).
Gen Hydro product CaMg+ is in ratio 5:1 of Ca:mg, and is derived from Calcium Carbonate, Magnesium Carbonate, and molasses. I have read and experienced that this product does not jive well with some other nutrient lines and is prone to taking things out of solution. Wondering if the Organicare or Cutting Edge would be better options with the Canna line, without adding unwanted N into the mid and later flowering phases.
Thanks for any thoughts!
-Max

K

krondongalong

How did it turn out?

Hi minster,

Just wanted to know if you solved this problem. I had the same thing happen to mine a year ago but I just gave up :( .

Was it mag def, or low humidity? did magcal work for you.

Did they pull through?

I'm goin for it again and don't want to go down the same road, any advise?

Thanks

K

krondongalong

Sorry minster.

Wrong thread! LoL it was some else with the problem.

Hows it going anyway with the calmag and canna nutes?

Latest posts

Top Bottom