Does CO2 reduce growing times

• Thread starter buttonpusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
buttonpusher

buttonpusher

Hey All,

I am keeping the ppm at 1400 to 1500 when the light is on. Will this reduce the overall time to finish? And if so, how much?

BP

I

ismokepot

Some say plants finish up to a week ealier....others say a week later. And still others say no difference at all. Personally, I've never seen my plants finish earlier then normal. I suppose it depends on strain, growing method, overall health, etc......

buttonpusher

buttonpusher

I have 2 TGA Jack the Rippers and 4 Sweet Tooth from Barneys, growing in FFOF soil under a 600 watt HPS. Mabey it is just the strain...but man these things are just exploding! I'll post some pics tonight when the light is back on.

S

snowkitty

I think the idea with co2 is to finish better not necessarily faster. You are giving the living baby all of the ingredients it needs to perform its scientific processes. So the answer to the question might depend on trading out final quality vs. time to finish.

D

dusty

it doesn't change the finish time but it does make the plant itself grow faster

buttonpusher

buttonpusher

Thanks Everyone for the good info.Have a look at the two pictures, and see if you think these babies are really movin', or this is pretty normal for inside plants.The first Picture is the day I went to 12/12. The second is 23 days later....Whaadaa ya think?

BP

Hawaii 3 048
Hawaii 3 082
D

dredidread

ive never had c02 do anything for my harvest times. harvest weights, yes however.

girlwondergrows

girlwondergrows

Perhaps you could say it will finish faster in this way: If you had not used co2 the crop would have been harvest trimmed and dried at 300g after 65 days of growing. When you do use c02, you can hit that 300g weight after only 58 days. However it will be slightly less potent and if you waited another week you would have ended up with 350g...

In my experience the last week of flower is the most productive so I'll sometimes let a plant go a week long if its in good health, and that usually pays off.

A

addicted

Some say plants finish up to a week ealier....others say a week later. And still others say no difference at all. Personally, I've never seen my plants finish earlier then normal. I suppose it depends on strain, growing method, overall health, etc......

HAHAHAHA sorry but you reminded me of Jefferson Airplane HARDCORE

One pill makes you larger
And one pill makes you small
And the ones that mother gives you
Don't do anything at all!

JH420

JH420

Perhaps you could say it will finish faster in this way: If you had not used co2 the crop would have been harvest trimmed and dried at 300g after 65 days of growing. When you do use c02, you can hit that 300g weight after only 58 days. However it will be slightly less potent and if you waited another week you would have ended up with 350g...

In my experience the last week of flower is the most productive so I'll sometimes let a plant go a week long if its in good health, and that usually pays off.

Is that about how much extra yeild you'd get? 350g with co2 vs 300g without?

S

surfguy1936

i have actually heard that co2 does reduced actual flowering time. From what ive heard could be even a few days to a week

R

Rolln J

too much co2 late in the game - after day 45 - will make some strains foxtail out and not fill out - so people tend to let them go a bit longer...

many advantages to co2 though - you just need to look at what your plant needs...

Top Bottom