Does feminizing destroy the strain for breeding ?

• Thread starter budfarmer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Resingrower

Resingrower

Yea...NO!

Your statement in theory is spectacular, but the world doesn't work like that,

Reverseing a female and makeing feminized seeds does not increase the likely hood of hermaphroditism.

Let me explain.

Stable female x stable female =
stable female

Semi Hermie x stable female =
Less hermie prone female

Full blown hermie x stable female =
Semi hermie female

Full blown hermie x full blown hermie =
Full blown hermie
^
Full blown hermies is what people trash. But they can be used to make fem seeds that are a more stable if you hit a stable female.

That's how it works.

You can take a full blown hermie, pollinate a stable female, and the resulting crop will be less likely or prone to be a full blown garden trashing hermie cultivator, than the hermie used.

So in reality, you have your facts mixed up. Vice versa.

Buy actually useing a full blown herm, on a stable female you are actually creating a suppiour cultivator.

And we no this....

Becouse.....

Only

1 out of 10,000 plants is a super stable female that will not herm under any circumstance. Even late in flower.

Now when I say stable, in that context I'm not referring to just any old female cannabis plant. I'm refering to a Spetial female. A female that will never herm EVER! No matter what!

A regular stable female just doesn't herm, or will herm late late in flower. But wil herm under certain circumstances.

Feminized seed are not hermie plants x stable females. Well that's how they did it back in the 70's. But it's not a effective method of creating fem seed.

One becouse your not getting Lot of pollin, and two you still run the risk of getting a hermie.

Sts spray works complety differant. It forces a stable female to produce male flowers.

Rember stable x stable = stable.

But it's also a plant.

Shit happens.

As with everything in life.

So you could maybe get a full blown hermie plant. But chances of that are pretty slim.
Can you edit this with spell check bro? Hella distracting me from your message which is overall pretty coherent.

tipz

tipz

Its ridiculously ignorant to say "Cannabis in the wild produces herms, so they all must have the trait.
It is impossible genetically for a homozygous dominate HH to even possess the trait, while a heterozygous dominant Hh will carry but not express. Just do alittle reading

tipz

tipz

When conclusions are supposed from a closed population, and non random selection, valid estimates of genetic variance
Cannot be obtained. Im done,read a book please.

symbiote420

symbiote420

I might catch flack for this but the truth has to be told ......."hermies" are almost 100% due to growers' era!!! I know some of us like to think of ourselves as master grower this and master breeder that but most don't have a clue about cannabis plant biology. Stress a plant and she goes into survival mode, period!! Every female is created to produce seeds, EVERY!!! First and foremost they're being stressed beyond belief by growing them for sinsemilla. Some of us feed too much or too little, some of us have them in the wrong kinds of medium, some grow in the wrong type of environments, some have undiscovered light leaks/interrupted cycles, etc, etc. Conclusion, some plants are a little more hardier some a tad or super sensitive!! Hard to grow a sensitive plant without any issues if she's getting force fed and vise versa.

Cannabis is a dioecoius plant meaning it has male and female individuals. A true hermie (monoecious) plant has separate male and female flowers on the same plant, in my close to 3 decades of growing I've never seen an MJ plant like that! What is being witnessed that we call herms is actually polygamo-dioecoius (male & female flowers in the same bud)

Whenever I see a "herm" on a plant I try to go back a week or so to see what I did to it before I toss it ....probably best to run em twice too since these type of plants acclimatize to there growing conditions over time rather quickly.

I've grown plenty of plants from fem mom crosses and barely if ever had any intersex issues, no more than I have with regular beans. The minute we think we know it all life has a funny way of putting us back in our place, keep learning and growing ...they go hand in hand!!

Last edited:
symbiote420

symbiote420

@symbiote420 I agree with what you just laid down bro, but you must admit some genetics show herm or stress symtoms much more often or easier than others.a bad breeding mix can produce a much higher % of herms sometimes.but I agree it gets blamed on the breeder alot when most times its us that caused the issues .

Yeah that's why I said almost 100% are due to the grower, it happens naturally too but that's very, very rare. I grew some of Riot's Platinum Clockwork Orange he sent me awhile back, got some intersexed flowers during the grow and tossed them while my homie I gave the cuts too didn't get any ....he was feeding em with Heavy16 nutes and I was growing em in guano amended soil, go figure!

geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
I'm going to cross some ChemdogD X GSC and CaseyJones X GSC with a tri-whorl phyllotaxy male--
thanks for all the input...

@tipz et all.
I have a spellchucker here when I post,
does anyone know if it comes from this site--
or is it being pulled-up from my Thunderbird email program???

tipz

tipz

@Boom, after reading your PM entitled "STFU, eat a dick bitch boy" im convinced that your command of the English language,
can only be superseded by your knowledge of genetics

tipz

tipz

If consensus of opinion is that herm is a undesirable genetic expression, which I think it is.
And if one of our overall objectives is to maximize genetic
improvement of the plant. WHY IN HELL, would you intentionally breed a undesirable trait, and proliferate the trait
throughout the community by then sloffing off the shitty genes by selling them. Surely the exponentiation doesn't escape u

tipz

tipz

Opinions do not contradict scientific fact. Your interpretation of these articles is almost as good as your spell check.

tipz

tipz

IMG 20140810 102142

tipz

tipz

Rather than stating opinion as fact, wouldn't u rather renew
Your Justin bieber fan club membership? Or something!

B

budfarmer

Chimera says you can use fem seeds for breeding purposes with no problems, IMO Chimera is likely the foremost authority on cannabis breeding in North America so why not accept his expert opinion and concentrate on making better weed plants rather than theororizing all the possible things that could go wrong ?

Latest posts

Top Bottom