Does growing next to different plants increase terpene production?

• Thread starter socks4free
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
socks4free

socks4free

I've been doing some research into different types of beneficial plants to grow with marijuana. Then today while I was walking my dog I was actually paying attention to plants on the side of the road by my house and ended up finding red clovers, hares foot clovers, and yarrow which I had just been reading about so after I took my dog home I went back out with a little shovel and a pot and went and dug up a few of each to bring back and transplant into my garden.

I also spread out some alfalfa seeds around where I am. Growing too so I should have a nice vibrant garden soon full of beneficial companion plants!

I was worried red clover and yarrow wouldn't be able to survive the winters in my area but that's not an issue anymore now that I've found a variety of each which can grow by itself here and survive the winters! Pretty happy with my finds and will have to do some more research on other types of beneficials to add.

socks4free

socks4free

There are a lot of plants and flowers that repel insects. Lavender and Chrysanthemums are great additions to any garden to repel pests. There are different plants that repel different pests, as well. Dill helps keep spider mites and aphids away. Lemongrass repels mosquitos, etc. etc.
I actually plan on adding lavender to my garden next spring. I also have sweet basil and rosemary growing near by which are supposed to also help repel some bugs.

Deadstill

Deadstill

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Supporter
I actually plan on adding lavender to my garden next spring. I also have sweet basil and rosemary growing near by which are supposed to also help repel some bugs.
Basil out here gets eaten up by spider mites pretty bad. But it does help keep mosquitoes away.

socks4free

socks4free

Basil out here gets eaten up by spider mites pretty bad. But it does help keep mosquitoes away.
Good to know, I haven't seen any damage to them yet so let's hope they will be ok. When I spray my plants with Dr zymes I've also been spraying the other herbs in my garden with what's left over so hopefully that won't be a issue

P

plantwhisperer906

I listened to a guest on future cannabis project podcast on YouTube honestly. This is my 2nd season doing this. In my bed I parsley lemon grass dill and lavender.
Can you send me a link to that video?? I can't find it. We're doing beds of purple cow indacanja. With lots of companion plants and the whole works. It's gonna be amazing. This currently crop is just in 8 gallon pots. But with all the things we do they grow like crazy. They grew 3 or so inches in 24 hours. That soil and CX-1 are 2 amazing products.

LexLuthor

LexLuthor

There are so many different factors that affect terpene production. I don't think there is a way to know for sure unless you have 100% control over every variable, basically like an actual experiment with a control and all that science stuff. Plus a lab test would most certainly have to be conducted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom