Does hydroton go to top of rockwool or top of net pot

• Thread starter smokey_waters
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

smokey_waters

The rockwool is below the netpot so I feel like I'll bury the stems if I go to the top

Also, do rooted clones like am oscillating fan??

smokie

smokie

Read some of these threads they are full of netpot pics.
How is your rockwool below your netpot? take a pic

S

smokey_waters

Now I understand the question. The TOP of the rockwool is below the TOP of the net pot, but I didn't fill it all the way b/c I'm not sure if that'll damage the stems.

I just made sure they were straight and not leaning, not sure if I was supposed to do anything to the roots like straighten them or make sure they were going in b/w the underlying hydroton. If so please let me know ASAP.
Thx,

S

smokey_waters

Ive spent an hour looking at pics and I still can't tell. Since I've had a cereal bar all day and it's 10pm, I'm finally gonna take a break and eat. If u wanna send some pics, cool, but my clones are in and I'd really like to just know whether to put hydroton to the top or not.
Thx,

G

growgrow

Smokey.....
Cover the top of rockwool w/ hydroton due to the algae factor...if you dont want to then put a black/white piece of plastic to cover it from the light..... i've seen soem success when people drip/top feed new clones in the uc until roots shoot into the buckets... and dont u trim the bottom stems off at the base of the clone anyways for better airflow through teh plant? just a thought...

GROW

S

smokey_waters

Thank u grow. Trimming the roots at the base sounds like cutting their tits off. Does that really work, if so, how do u do it??

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Always fill to the top as most net pots have holes almost to the top. You don't want light getting in. Right to the top helps keep bugs at bay also. don't worry about covering any stems they will be fine.

G

growgrow

I meant trimmin bottom branches to have a clean under-canapy..... but fill that fucker up with hydroton..... don't prune roots unless u absolutly have to.... and it would be like cuttin off her tits if u trimmed the roots right under the rockwool.... good luck

S

sourkush91

Def. fill up full with hydroton to the top and cover the top of the rockwool cube or they will turn green i usually let my plant grow for about a week before i trim the bottom branches that way they can get used to the system and wont be in any shock by that time... plus its alot easier when theyre a little bigger... I know i repeated alot of other posts but oh well...

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

If you want to see some pics click on my 30gal grow I just posted what I do and how. Decided to show u here what I do. Hope it helps. I start my clones in dirt than transplant to hydroton.

IMGP4111

IMGP4117

IMGP4119

IMGP4058

Top Bottom