Does intake need filter?

• Thread starter Chilly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

Chilly

I sealed off half of a small storage room with a white glossy tarp. I will cut an airhole and place home made scrubber as an exhaust, but my question is:
Do I need to somehow place a filter where the air intake fan is? ... to control smell?

waayne

waayne

I don't think you'll need to filter an intake for smell,but I always filter intake air to remove mold and mildew spores,and pests in warmer weather....
My favorite filter media is DustLok Sporax>>It's used for filtering the air in operating rooms and such....
you can find it at dpfilters.com>>It's very inexpensive as well.....Usually a couple of bucks for an 18"x18" sheet>>>They do custom sizes and applications as well.....
This media reduces fan output by about 25%.....

I

ibTheMan

you would want the carbon filter in the room blow n out, then you just need an intake hole on the other side to suck in cool clean air.

11 28 10 005
Ssh 002
C

Chilly

Thanks guys, so how big of an intake are we talking here? a fan with 8 inch blades? or will a computer fan do the trick? its 340w (150 hps, 70 hps, 120 fl.)
and the weather here is quite hot...

I was also thinking of my exhaust being two computer fans, slapped up against each other (maybe too much noise?)
and the scrubber i am thinking of doing this one:
http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/281136-how-cheap-easy-efficient-diy-carbon-scrubber.html

any advice, suggestions, answers?

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
you can also get hepa filters at hardware store, they will have listing of what they keep out. mold spores mites bug etc.

not sure if computer fans are strong enough. probably need 100cfm or little more to exhaust them lights. at least 4" duct. could probably diy with a small fan or stanley blower as inline fan.

P

paulycali

DustShroom! This product is the shit. They have an assortment of sizes too. Wont lower the cfm rating on the intake either like other products do. I would reccomend the dust shroom to keep out all dust, spores, bugs ect. There also great if you dont want to have to clean your glass on your reflectors every cycle. Attach them to your inline reflectors

HookedonPonics

HookedonPonics

How big of an intake and exhaust fan you will need completely depends on your room and how much heat (wattage on lamps and if your using burners for c02) your producing, you also dont need to filter your intake for smell but def for airborne diseases and unwanted pests you dont want entering your garden and your exhaust you will ALWAYS need a carbon filter with a high output inline fan (size completely depending on how much air your trying to pull out of the room per minute) but once again id need your exact specs to give you my opinion of what i would do to elimate heat

Top Bottom