Does It Need To Be Topped?

• Thread starter leamon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Enforcer

Enforcer

BTW, removed secondary branches that have a few nodes make great clones.

leamon

leamon

Yes, I am automatic, not the kind that needs to switch to a 12/12 light cycle.

leamon

leamon

Can I choose to press the branches and try to make them flat, forming a flat canopy?

C

closetgrow69

Here’s a pic from the earlier reply.

There’s an unlimited amount of ways to do it, but here’s one. Kind of in a corkscrew. I use soft ties to keep all the side branches separated until they’re in the scrog net. By then, they’ve kinda barked up and pretty much stay in place.

But yeah - won’t really do much with an Autoflower. This one vegged for 93 days lmao

978866BD 1158 4F98 86AE 03F022530304
Enforcer

Enforcer

Here’s a pic from the earlier reply.

There’s an unlimited amount of ways to do it, but here’s one. Kind of in a corkscrew. I use soft ties to keep all the side branches separated until they’re in the scrog net. By then, they’ve kinda barked up and pretty much stay in place.

But yeah - won’t really do much with an Autoflower. This one vegged for 93 days lmao
Outstanding work sir! That is beautiful.

C

closetgrow69

Look great, can I do this? Are you a branch trained?

(I wouldn’t do it with the auto)

Yes definitely! I start after the plant is transplanted from a solo cup into a bigger pot. The plant is usually about 5-6 inches tall. You start bending the main stem over to the side of the pot. Don’t top/film/prune the main top. Once the main top reaches the side of the pot - use one twist tie to hold it in place horizontally, then start training the main stem around the perimeter of the pot.

You want the main stem to always be the highest/tallest. Once you tie the main stem down sideways, the side shoots will start growing upward vertically. Once those side shoots start competing with the main stem -tie them to the opposite edge of the pot. Just keep the main stem the highest (no pun intended).

Make sure all the new “main” shoots are not blocked by leaves so they continue to grow. And don’t forget the patience! That’s the hardest part.

Top all the shoots when they get a few nodes on them. Top everything but the main stem. The more “horizontal” you can keep all the branches, the more shoots will start coming off of them. Keep tying down and topping after branches get at least a few nodes

I’ll try to find some pics from training the plant when it was younger. Hope that all made sense!

Outstanding work sir! That is beautiful.

Thanks!! Was kinda scared she was going to outgrow my cabinet but kept on vegging her lol

leamon

leamon

So I have to do now is waiting for the two main stem grew up, and then stretched to one side, and let the two main pole around the pot grow, maintain the main stem right up to develop and grow around the pot, and then let the new long out of branches by light evenly.

leamon

leamon

If I do not have the top of the automatic, can the main pole have a couple of years to stretch to one side, then around the pot around the development, automatic need to pull the net?

Enforcer

Enforcer

If I do not have the top of the automatic, can the main pole have a couple of years to stretch to one side, then around the pot around the development, automatic need to pull the net?
An automatic will go from seed to harvest in about 90 days. You do not have control over that. It's automatic.

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

Man i would not top an auto.

Well really I would say I would not get an auto but that’s me.
But you do not too autos. Every day is very important. They do not have time to recover from stress. To have best success with autos LST is the farthest I would go. Do some reading brotha. This is general knowledge.

Like I said I don’t do autos so hopefully I’m wrOng but I know you want as little stress as possible with those

brazel

brazel

If you don't mind I'd like to chime in. @closetgrow69 had some correct info but the part about leaving the main stem high is wrong, you want that the lowest until you get a branch that's the highest then make that the lowest. Apical dominance is what you need to control and you control that by always making the highest branch the lowest. Again no reason to top. Topping allows two branches to grow unless fimed but by pulling the branch to the side you get more branches to grow

brazel

brazel

Is it best to pull on one side? So now I'm going to hit the top and I can pull the two branched branches off to the sides and grow in a circle, right?
You can make it grow any way you want but anytime a branch is taller than the others pull it below the others.. tie it, lst, scrog, just always pull the highest branch down.

If you look at a Xmas tree its like that because apical dominance. The highest branch is in charge and it sends auxin to other branches to control growth and sugar intake, when you break that dominance cytokin becomes more dominant which stimulates growth, they will all fight for control, just keep lowering until you flower. You can still control in flower but at that point I have all my tops

Latest posts

Top Bottom