Does nutrient PPM correlate to yield?

• Thread starter kamdavs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kamdavs

So I'm running a UC system and have read various threads but not on this. I would like to know if the higher the ppm you are running with your nutes, does this equal to larger yields?

I've read threads where the highest someone went in there flowering cycle was 1000 ppm and they said that since they didn't go to high in nutes, the plant absorbed more water which resulted in high yields, and another where someone took there nutes all the way up to 1800 ppm. I know that some phenos can handle higher ppms than others, but in general, does the higher you go in nutes (ppm) = better yields?

If it isn't true, then why do people go so high?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Its all about correct ppm range for whatever strain your growing. Its also dependent on plant size,plant stage,enviroment,temp. co2 Also dependent on style of growing. Some one will probably give you a more in depth explaination.

420Gator

420Gator

ppm matters, water uptake matters too just remember you dry the buds out before you sell em so most of that water will be gone when its all said and done

i think its something like every 100gallons of water that passes thru the plant equals one quart used for growth

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

like most are saying you need to find the right spot for your plants health. Some nute's you can run high some can't.
Overfed plants can stunt the growth and hurt the final yield and flavor. For example having too much Nitrogen in late flower, the leaves get that really dark almost black look without any fade to them.
I am going to try and find a pic of mine of a WSU Red that was a little over fed. Looks beautiful as hell, tasted like ass due to overfed and not enough of a fade in late flower.
For some reason I keep getting a error about security and need to contact the admin. Never had this problem before uploading pics from my PC.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

everything right=great yeild
one thing wrong=less yeild
two things wrong=even less yeild
get the idea?

K

kamdavs

Hey guys, I get the idea of giving the plant what it needs and if everything else is ideal, it should be a good yield. So, If i have everything dialed in (CO2, A/C, etc) do you just follow the feeding chard of the nutes maker. I use dutchmaster Gold line, do i just keep going up in ppm every week and follow there feed schedule, and if the plant has nice green leafs and there is no nute burn on the leaves keep going up. Once I see the plant has some nute burn, I know that the plant has too high of ppm and scale it back a little?

If I have two systems going with the exact same plants, one I fed and topped out at 1000 ppm and it always had good leaf structure, nice green leaves etc, and the other i topped out at 1500 ppm, and it had the same good green leaves and structure, would the plant with the higher ppm give out a better yield?

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Ramping up is how I do it. Keep track so next run you know the limits. In my opinion you dont want to burn them just shy is perfect. You wont know the limits till you went to far. Also a plant thats burning at 1000 will probably shrivel up and die if you hit it with 1500. Theres a happy range it either one or the other. 500Ppm is a huge difference.

R

Reefer Franklin

I'm at 1950 ppm on the 21st day of bloom. Over the last week I've been building up to it at the rate of about 80 ppm a day with the CES Golden Triangle.

There are 48 of these babies and they are sucking down the nutes at the rate of 5 gallons a day. That's what isn't being returned to the reservoir. I'm sure I'm losing a little to the air - but not a lot.

The water coming out of my well measures 400 ppm, but I have no idea what's in it, so I'm treating it as part of the final number.

They look great and have not shown any sign of burn since day 1. A friend who has exactly the same system and strain of The White recently harvested. His plants were smaller than mine are five weeks away from the cull.

I don't recommend such aggressive feeding to everyone - but it's working for me (to paraphrase the late, great Hunter S. Thompson).

If they start looking sad I'll just back off. My reaction time is 0 - EEEK
in about 2 seconds.

"If it's called Reefer Madness, how is it that nobody seems to get angry ?"

The Reef

Imported Photos 00570
Top Bottom