Does ppm level need to be the same when switching systems and to flower nutes?

• Thread starter highguy777
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
highguy777

highguy777

Hello friends , I have a general question , 500ppm scale. I have been using veg foliage pro with calmag on my veg phase and they're always working wonders , then to pure blend pro for bloom. Thing is for both usually the ppm is started around 400-500 ish then up to 800 ish then flower with flower nutes at ppm of 600. So 200ppm difference. Not much.
This new strain I have been working with this has growing happy but hungry. The veg ppm is at 1000 and could easily go higher but I am switching them to my flower system. So with this change , should I be starting my bloom nutes at a much higher level to pretty much match the 1000ppm? Or start lower at 800? Because it will only be the start of flower and it'll definitely be hungry lol. I'm a noon so it may be a silly question , thanks in advance all :)

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Can you post pics? Get the system and grow space in there too and it will answer a ton of questions

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
I asked a buddy something similar once, his reply made me think. Use veg formula when they are growing, use flower formula when they stop growing and start to flower. I run veg nutes in my trays for the first 21 days of flower now.

jj

highguy777

highguy777

I asked a buddy something similar once, his reply made me think. Use veg formula when they are growing, use flower formula when they stop growing and start to flower. I run veg nutes in my trays for the first 21 days of flower now.

jj
That is good but with my setup I have two of these systems , one veg one flower so the one I'm putting into would be just flower nutes only from the start. I'm just trying to think how much I should start it with in the flower system since the veg nutes were so high ._.

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Then I'd go with the same ppm level, different nute base. I check ppm daily, it's the rate of change that tells me how my plants are feeding

jj

highguy777

highguy777

Then I'd go with the same ppm level, different nute base. I check ppm daily, it's the rate of change that tells me how my plants are feeding

jj
Ok. I'll start them at 900 ppm of pure blend, they'll probably finish dang near 1400 before I flush lol . My test plant of the same strain is happily eating up 1250 ppm of veg nutes. This strain is a monster the fan leaves are as big as a dinner plate on this little mother plant LOL.

Thanks for the help. Also guys , how's my LST training? First time doing it ..they look OK? I topped same time haha

Top Bottom