Does Soil Expire?

• Thread starter 420Botanist
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

420Botanist

I have 2 big bags of Fox Farm Ocean that I bought in the spring. Does soil expire or 'go bad' after a while? I've kept them in a dark cool place.

coloradoBTC

coloradoBTC

a soil could become very toxic but theres usually something that thrives in the toxic and changes the soil into something else. crop rotation taken to the extreme

symbiote420

symbiote420

^Yes sir, soil may not expire but it sure can go hella bad on ya it all depends on how/where it's been stored, When I've used FFOF or HF I always dumped it out on a tarp to aerate overnite, once it dries out enough I'll water it with some Gnatrol and let it cook a few days... unless I've amended it with something else then it cooks longer, like two weeks to two months, etc.

420Botanist

^Yes sir, soil may not expire but it sure can go hella bad on ya it all depends on how/where it's been stored, When I've used FFOF or HF I always dumped it out on a tarp to aerate overnite, once it dries out enough I'll water it with some Gnatrol and let it cook a few days... unless I've amended it with something else then it cooks longer, like two weeks to two months, etc.
Is there anyway to tell if it's gone bad?....I've had it stored in a dark cool closet

Dazed

Dazed

I'd just through a clone in a small pot for a week as a test if it don't kill it or develop any problems it's fine. Besides u never know how old a bag of soil is already when u get them. For all u know they sat in a warehouse for a year. Maybe give it a small flush just to take a little fire out.

str8smokn

str8smokn

You just do not want to put in a bucket and forget..
is it mold or bacteria? There's EWC, Capps beanies Root and nute,and recycled soil.
STR8

Top Bottom