Does the new server log IP's?

• Thread starter Aerojoe
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Does the new server log IP's? if not, how do you ban problem people that spam the farm w/ sales posts? Do you just delete posts and make them reregister?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Does the new server log IP's? if not, how do you ban problem people that spam the farm w/ sales posts? Do you just delete posts and make them reregister?

Pretty much. The site has security features built in that prevent automated apps (bots) from flooding the server with spam.

outwest

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

I was reffering to non automated methods, like RileyD last night who spammed the hell out w/ his fake spam or leo sting attempt. I started reporting him but realized he was flooding all the forums with his garbage, even msged a mod. He was typing almost the exact same thing every post. Only reason I ask about the IP's is there is mentions of it having such security features, that post was from 2009 and we just switched servers, so not sure all those things still apply.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
FWIW id be much more comfortable knowing the server is not logging IPs. Even the fact that google analytics is running on the site makes me a little nervous. That's just my general tech awareness speaking.

outwest

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Do I need that google app to opt out of google? or can I just not allow scripts from them w/ noscript?

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
It seems that plugin works on a site by site basis, rather then the type of script being used. Meaning you can say don't load any javascript on THCfarmer.com, but you can't say don't load google analytics javascript on THCfarmer.com. Make sense?

outwest

Aerojoe

Aerojoe

It seems that plugin works on a site by site basis, rather then the type of script being used. Meaning you can say don't load any javascript on THCfarmer.com, but you can't say don't load google analytics javascript on THCfarmer.com. Make sense?

outwest

Actually it can, it lists all scripts and I can choose which ones I want to allow, either temporarily or permanently. by default it blocks everything.

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

Analytics will still log your IP if their Javascript is loaded, you could block JS in your browser I guess but that's going to break quite a few things...

That's okay. They can have my VPN's IP address. lol.

Top Bottom