Does the UC cool plants?

• Thread starter Pimpernickel
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

Pimpernickel

I have a soil grow right beside my UC system. The soil grow has two lights 1.5-2ft cooled with a 400cfm fan. The UC grow has three lights cooled by a 400 which are only a foot or less from the plants. All lights are 1kw. The leaf temp on the UC plants is always 2-5 degrees cooler despite the closer lights and heavier heat load. The only conclusion I can come to is that the chilled water is cooling the plants. Is that right?

H

Hythloth

If you think about it, that makes sense. The chilled water is traveling through the plant, then eventually being transpired out of the leaves. It creates an evaporative cooling effect, kinda like a swamp cooler.

deacon1503

deacon1503

I have a soil grow right beside my UC system. The soil grow has two lights 1.5-2ft cooled with a 400cfm fan. The UC grow has three lights cooled by a 400 which are only a foot or less from the plants. All lights are 1kw. The leaf temp on the UC plants is always 2-5 degrees cooler despite the closer lights and heavier heat load. The only conclusion I can come to is that the chilled water is cooling the plants. Is that right?

Yes.

Top Bottom