does this look like its flowering?

• Thread starter Camdawg
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Camdawg

Camdawg

Does this look like its starting to flower to anyone else?
Does this look like its flowering

Camdawg

Camdawg

Damnit I was worried about that. It's still on 24 hours

okay so any idea why?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

well from what I can see in your picture it looks healthy, possibly genetics. what strain is it?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

reason I ask is done strains are prone to auto flowering. despite light cycle or maturity

Camdawg

Camdawg

Yeah that was my biggest fear as the breeder said that he has never had this issue come up. So any suggestions on what I should do with it as far as how to flower it out? Can I just leave it in my veg room and grow it for some smoke?

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I had a strain autoflower when I first started. It just kept stretching and growing more poofballs.

Wouldn't it be considered a auto flower if it actually finished under 18 or 24 hr light?

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

you can flower it out but I'd watch it closely, it could also have other undesirable traits like male flowers. they generally pop out right under a lower budsite. or out the tops late in flower.

stickyfing3rs

stickyfing3rs

that's true but they don't normally produce healthy vegetative growth rates most people are after. but it could also grow out of it after cloning
I had a strain autoflower when I first started. It just kept stretching and growing more poofballs.

Wouldn't it be considered a auto flower if it actually finished under 18 or 24 hr light?

Camdawg

Camdawg

I have clones of it and they're starting to do the same thing her sister doesn't seem to be doing it but might be doing it a week behind

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

I always have it happen when the plants are stressed. Your plants look healthy and its pretty hard to fuck up a 24 hr light cycle

Are they anywhere close to root bound?

I'm kinda stumped

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yeah that was my biggest fear as the breeder said that he has never had this issue come up. So any suggestions on what I should do with it as far as how to flower it out? Can I just leave it in my veg room and grow it for some smoke?

I would do a heavy repotting on her. IME girls will start to flower if they're root bound. So, repot, but when you do be sure to remove about 1/3 of the total root mass.

Bannacis

Bannacis

yeah repot and maybe set light cycle to 18/6 try to get a normal light cycle on her. once the roots start finding new soil and you have your lights at 18/6 she will calm down and straighten up, go easy on nutes at start. she sounds like she may be maturing and pre flowering, but otherwise she looks healthy... :)

Camdawg

Camdawg

I'm a little short on space how big of a pot should I go up to?

Bannacis

Bannacis

Take clones, let her heal, Double your pot,(10 gal. if cant 7 at least) heal and flower. but trim your root mass as Seamaiden noted.
so if you trim your roots a 7 gal will do, just let her adapt then switch lights over. roots don't grow as much in flower.
Now your clones you can flower as soon as they root. or veg em to the size that fits you, also when you clone you can do any extra trimming. since your limited on space...start training the branches, some bending and tie downs.

Top Bottom