Does This Look Like Nute Burn Or A Deficiency

• Thread starter Shawnery
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Shawnery

I've been reading about a few deficiencies that can have burnt tips as a symptom and wondering what you believe this might be.

Blackberry fire, 13 days from rockwool clone transplant.
Undercurrent system
Ph 5.75
PPM 380
75-77 temps
Humidity 75 but down to 50 when exhaust kicks on for about 10 minutes a few times an hour.

Anything I've forgot?

The entire plant is lime colored and not emerald green which makes me think deficiencies instead of nute burn. It's also worse at the bottom than the top. The top pic is the lowest set of leaves and the second is the second set of leaves.

Added pic of entire plant the only problem is that the plant in person is much more lime colored between the margins like nitrogen deficiency.

Does this look like nute burn or a deficiency
Does this look like nute burn or a deficiency 2
Does this look like nute burn or a deficiency 3
Last edited:
1StCavApache

1StCavApache

Doesn't look like nute burn to me. At least not like an over abundance of bloom or something simple like that. Definitely need pics of the whole plant. Did the plant you cloned from have that purple stem as part of the strain or is that part of the issue showing though as well as the leaf chloro-sis ?

S

Shawnery

Added pic to main post!

Clone came from Dark Heart Nursery.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Those leaves were there before the cut was rooted. Where do you think the plant got energy to grow roots from the stem? You're good. The new growth looks alright and that's what you should care about. Bump your humidity though. You'll be chasing your tail in no time if you keep it that low.

S

Shawnery

I start at 5.6 and allow to drift to 6.1 and then restart.

Though you are right about the first leaf the second leaf is actually new to the transition but it could be related to rooting.

Thanks guys!

I tried posting this in my mess of a grow thread and not surprisingly it got ignored.:D:(

S

Shawnery

It also shows mg not being available at 5.8 and below. I’ll leave it up to the pros. Just mostly wanted to post the chart.

I agree and is why it's a great practice to allow it to swing, from my understanding of the process. By allowing it to swing you get the best possible absorption of each nutrient.

Or at least that's how I understand the practice but "I" could definitely be wrong!

Toaster79

Toaster79

It also shows mg not being available at 5.8 and below. I’ll leave it up to the pros. Just mostly wanted to post the chart.

Have another look. Both Mg and P are in the 5.8. That's why it's considered sweet spot for hydro because it covers everything but Mn.

What's the point of having a chart if you're using it wrong?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Figured I was helping but I see that it was not helpful at all. My apologies. I’ll own it. My bad. I’ll move on. Kudos.

For the record I use the other side of the chart.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Figured I was helping but I see that it was not helpful at all. My apologies. I’ll own it. My bad. I’ll move on. Kudos.

You didn't do anything wrong by trying to help. You actually learned something and there's no reason for apologizing.

S

Shawnery

The humidity only drops to a low of 50 for around 5 minutes, 10 minutes the last couple of indian summer days.

Do you really think that's an issue if it's at 75 the rest of the time? So total on most hours it's around 50 for 15 or 20 minutes and that's counting the time it takes to rise and drop from there as well.

Not arguing, really, I just thought it would be fi e but have been concerned but see no way of changing it, i already run a very strong humidifier 24/7.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
No worries. I don’t want to give bad advice. That was certainly not my intention. Just noticed something and figured I’d stick my foot in my mouth, haha. It’s cool. No stress :-)

Toaster79

Toaster79

The humidity only drops to a low of 50 for around 5 minutes, 10 minutes the last couple of indian summer days.

Do you really think that's an issue if it's at 75 the rest of the time? So total on most hours it's around 50 for 15 or 20 minutes and that's counting the time it takes to rise and drop from there as well.

Not arguing, really, I just thought it would be fi e but have been concerned but see no way of changing it, i already run a very strong humidifier 24/7.

So how long does it take to drop to 35% and rise again to 60% ?

That's quite a shock

20180923 215720
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
For sure. My lions don’t start losing until 8:00 pm tonight against the pats. Gotta kill time somehow ;-)

Top Bottom