Does this look like Phosphorous deficiency ? Any idea why this is happening ?

• Thread starter Green buddy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green buddy

Green buddy

Day 15 in flower, I noticed this on my GDP. Does this look like Phosphorous deficiency ? Any idea why this is happening ?

Does this look like phosphorous deficiency   any idea why this is happening
Green buddy

Green buddy

I'm feeding fox farms grow big 6-4-4 and tiger bloom 2-8-4 with cal mag and super thrive. (per instructions) - twice a week. Only my GDP showed this leaf. I have cha Ching 9-50-10. Gonna hit my GDP with Cha Ching 1/4 strength or less + cal mag at 6.5 ph. Any thoughts ? Suggestions ? As u can see in the pics, they are all doing good, just one leaf showed up like phosphorus deficiency.

Mr_GreenGenes

Mr_GreenGenes

Cha Ching is used toward the end of flower. If you're wanting to use their granulars Open Sesame is the one you should be using at this point in flower. I don't rec feeding on a "calendar" type schedule, ie once a week or twice a week. . I would, instead rec. a feed/water feed/water or if necessary a feed/feed/water schedule and adjusting your nute strength according to what you see each strain needing as you go. Shaggyballs mentioned CalMag supplementation...are you using any? If not I'd get some and use it along with your normal feed program. Hops this helps. MGG

Green buddy

Green buddy

Cha Ching is used toward the end of flower. If you're wanting to use their granulars Open Sesame is the one you should be using at this point in flower. I don't rec feeding on a "calendar" type schedule, ie once a week or twice a week. . I would, instead rec. a feed/water feed/water or if necessary a feed/feed/water schedule and adjusting your nute strength according to what you see each strain needing as you go. Shaggyballs mentioned CalMag supplementation...are you using any? If not I'd get some and use it along with your normal feed program. Hops this helps. MGG
Thanks for the tips. Feed, feed, water (cal mag) is what I started with. The plants looked like they were loving it. So, starting week two of flower I went feed, feed, feed, water and week 3 feed, feed, feed. I ll start the feed, feed, water going forward.

TSTEW313

TSTEW313

Do you ever check your ppm run off? Because It just seems like your feeding your plant's alot an it can cause a salt build up an a lock out if they don't eat all the food your feeding them! I usually do a feed water water!

Green buddy

Green buddy

Do you ever check your ppm run off? Because It just seems like your feeding your plant's alot an it can cause a salt build up an a lock out if they don't eat all the food your feeding them! I usually do a feed water water!

I havnt checked the ppm run off. Gonna run and buy me a ppm meter. I do feel like I'm feeding a lot ever since I Started following the fox farms feeding schedule. The plants starter looking killer awesome after switching to the fox farms schedule though. Now after 2 weeks, all my plants are loving it except Dutch treat - started with one leaf, now there are about 3 & a few green leaves with similar signs.

See attached pic - One more leaf pulled off from my Dutch treat.

It's almost end of 3rd week flower, I'm gonna water them at 6.5 ph twice as adviced before going back to feeding (big bloom, cal mag & superthrive) also they will be due for a flush at week 4.

Week 5 &6 I want to hit em with cha Ching once a week and then flush and then on just water all the way out to harvest.

Any suggestions ? Am I going the right way with this ? This is my first time so all my ideas and plans are based on reading and leading from books, forums and YouTube videos.

Legion

Legion

<rant>Yeah, I don't want to start the cal-mag+ argument.. but in my experience, with my water and my GDP.. if I cranked up the P without a lot of Mag, I think that's the right one, it would lock out the mag or use it all up and that makes it also hard to make chlorophyll. In my plants, I'd get little specks after the leaf would just lose some of it's shine.. Those would grow, first yellow, then brown necrosis. Then the whole leaf will claw up and go brown and drop. You need calcium for the P too. </rant>

SnowCreature

SnowCreature

I dont mean to sound like a prick, so forgive me in advance... But with those bottles it would be impossible to have a P- without lockout from other issues... Usually too much P
Ive experimented with the low P diet and just ended up with small buds on super healthy looking plants.
You need to get that plant off of the wall because it will rot.

Last edited:
SnowCreature

SnowCreature

<rant>Yeah, I don't want to start the cal-mag+ argument.. but in my experience, with my water and my GDP.. if I cranked up the P without a lot of Mag, I think that's the right one, it would lock out the mag or use it all up and that makes it also hard to make chlorophyll. In my plants, I'd get little specks after the leaf would just lose some of it's shine.. Those would grow, first yellow, then brown necrosis. Then the whole leaf will claw up and go brown and drop. You need calcium for the P too. </rant>
What booster are you using that doesnt have mag sulfate?

WestCoaster

WestCoaster

The burnt tips of the leaves indicate an excess of something, the plant is doing it's best to leach out whatever is to high.

WC.

way2green

way2green

I have pretty much been using the nites you've shown for the better part of a decade. The only time I have ever experienced the spots on my fans and burnt tips is when I got heavy handed with the tiger bloom. That product pretty much has every micro and macro nutrient you need if used correctly. A little goes a long way. I always use plain water before and after a feeding of tiger bloom. That phosphorus stays active for quite a while. The first couple of times you use it you see your buds explode so it is hard to cut back. Whatever you don't use it twice in one week. It will burn your shit up....

Top Bottom