Does this look like Rootrot to you?

• Thread starter Horse
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Horse

Hi Farmers!

I've done some reading and my plants arent showing the exact signs of rootrot that I'm finding (Smell, slime, etc) But the color is def bothering me. Running Canna neuts. Any feedback is :yes

Thanks!

http://i1110.invalid.com/albums/h457/horse4200/011.jpg
http://i1110.invalid.com/albums/h457/horse4200/009.jpg
http://i1110.invalid.com/albums/h457/horse4200/005.jpg

S

stillcantroll

Unless you're using a very high level of organic nutes in your setup, my money is on rot. That's what my rot looked like before it got really, really bad. Reduce your water temperature and increase you dissolved oxygen. I would also try some products such as hydrofungicide, h2o2@35%@1ml/gal, or dutch master zone to attack it before it gets ridiculous. Good luck.

H

Horse

Unless you're using a very high level of organic nutes in your setup, my money is on rot. That's what my rot looked like before it got really, really bad. Reduce your water temperature and increase you dissolved oxygen. I would also try some products such as hydrofungicide, h2o2@35%@1ml/gal, or dutch master zone to attack it before it gets ridiculous. Good luck.

Neuts are @ 900ppm mostly canna and cal mag. Just picked up some zone and increased air pump size.

Water temp is set to 67 via !/2hp chiller for 110 gal system driven by a single mag 1200gph. Epicenter shows a consistant 68degrees.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hydro fungicide for the win. Be prepared for WHITE roots!

J

Jalisco Kid

How big/old is your plant,900 ppm seems a bit high looking at the size of your roots? JK

H

Horse

Hydro fungicide for the win. Be prepared for WHITE roots!

I tried the hydro fung from groovy hydro roots were the same color.

Plants are just starting the 3rd week of veg. They are in RW cubes inserted in hydroton via 10in netpots. This strain has shown to have a healthy appetite in the past so thats why I went that high. Do you think its overfed?

J

Jalisco Kid

900 is over or at my max for healthy plants in veg. I would back off to about 400 with your base nutes then if you can add some flower formula or something like that to add another 200 of P and K to help your roots out. Once the start drinking and eating you can try higher ppms. JK

L

Lost

Looks like slime... :(

What are your water temps (like 3 or 4 weeks ago, this has been coming), were you running the chiler the whole time?

What root stuffs are you running or are you running a sterile res?

How often are you changing your res? Did you scrub it with bleach and make sure it was super clean? *what Im getting at is I think you have a build up of bacteria and we need more info to locate the source of the bacteria and why its not getting wiped out with each res change*

J

Jalisco Kid

I ml/gal of 35% peroxide would not do much against diseases I have run across in the root zone. JK

H

Horse

900 is over or at my max for healthy plants in veg. I would back off to about 400 with your base nutes then if you can add some flower formula or something like that to add another 200 of P and K to help your roots out. Once the start drinking and eating you can try higher ppms. JK

@ JK: Ok, I'm gonna do that. Thanks!

@ Lost: Yeah thats what I am thinking also. Getting mixed reviews. This is the first crop throught the new UC system. Water temps have been stready as I was running the chiller throughout.

As far as root stuff I was using cannazyme but I was getting a lot of fallout and PH issues through the res's so I nixed the zyme about 3 days ago. Now just cal mag, DM Zone, Canna Veg A+B

When I did the res change to get rid of the zyme I used Physan 20 1tsp @ 15gal for 24 hour cycle then flushed and drained each res several times. I did not use H202 or bleach.

Could the source of the bacteria be the Zyme from my previous neut schedule?

@ Jake: I hear 100ppm of H202 is good for wiping out problems in the root zone?

F

f1ydave

I use Great White as a crown feed (sprayed at base of plant/medium to drip onto roots). I got this technique from BEN.

G

growhard

I concur with JK, the stuff works great. Just be careful to dilute it and add it slowly so you don't burn your roots.

~xO Kakalak Ox~

~xO Kakalak Ox~

Calyx Bros. Seed Co.
I use SM-90 with each res change. This keeps my aeroponics roots extremely white and healthy. They were gonna name this product white roots at first.

H

Horse

I use SM-90 with each res change. This keeps my aeroponics roots extremely white and healthy. They were gonna name this product white roots at first.

UPDATE: So I went ahead and did a res change as advised, a flush with physan 20 for 24 hours. The plants acted shocked for a few days and the darker colored roots seemed to stop growing. I added zone and remixed some neuts and there are new pearly white roots blowing up everywhere.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread

G

growhard

Good news Horse! I love it when success overcomes adversity as a result of good people helping each other.

Top Bottom