Does this look ready or should I hold off a little?

• Thread starter stratman61
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
stratman61

stratman61

I took some better photos today. They are from a little part of a bud I snipped.
2023 02 08 15 16 55 542
2023 02 08 15 16 18 995
2023 02 08 15 14 08 385

stratman61

stratman61

Be patient with your harvest. When checking trichomes, try to use better lighting and don't check the sugar leaves, in my experience, they ripen well before the trichomes on the actual bud. Check the trichomes on the flower and wait until you see mostly cloudy with at least a few amber.
Good info! Thanks! I posted some new clearer pics.

L

Low_Octane

I also wanted to mention, when looking at your trichomes for cloudy vs clear, make sure to evaluate the ones that are in focus. I have a microscope that has similar magnification to the one you're using and the depth of focus pretty shallow so a lot of the picture is out of focus and those that are out of focus will always look cloudy. In your pictures the trichomes that are in focus have some clear and some cloudy. And I do see some Amber in the trichomes that are out of focus. I think you are very close but wcould wait another week or so. You could try smoking that little bud you snippedafter

Observationist

Observationist

removing all leaves before ripe and with the trichomes reflecting light and all maybe wasnt the best. havnt done it this way maybe it works out great. just be patient and stop tinkering 😀
Ive been thinking about it...

L

Low_Octane

after it has dried a couple of days ( like some one else mentioned).

The_word

The_word

kinda hard to tell,
but i’d say wait a bit longer
I would have given this same advice at every stage of the grow! How the hell is it so small? I never understand this. Before I got my tent I had seed stock I would give to people for a cut of the harvest, when I saw what the harvest was I thought to myself "how the hell do you grow a plant for 10-11 weeks and end up with this?!?!" Dude you need to take your time and care for the ladies properly. Why go to all the effort of an indoor grow to end up with a few spliffs per plant? Sorry mate not meaning to lay into you but that should be a bushy MF by now. If not you should have kept it in veg until ready. That is the benefit of growing indoors. You cab wait, train, and retrain. Good luck bro, peace ✌️

stratman61

stratman61

I also wanted to mention, when looking at your trichomes for cloudy vs clear, make sure to evaluate the ones that are in focus. I have a microscope that has similar magnification to the one you're using and the depth of focus pretty shallow so a lot of the picture is out of focus and those that are out of focus will always look cloudy. In your pictures the trichomes that are in focus have some clear and some cloudy. And I do see some Amber in the trichomes that are out of focus. I think you are very close but wcould wait another week or so. You could try smoking that little bud you snippedafter
I just smoked some and it's excellent but I'm going to hold on a little longer because I think it will ripen just a little more and better. I see the clear ones too and your totally correct about the microscope situation. It was cheap but does okay after some practice.

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

I just smoked some and it's excellent but I'm going to hold on a little longer because I think it will ripen just a little more and better. I see the clear ones too and your totally correct about the microscope situation. It was cheap but does okay after some practice.
I like a 15x or 30x clip on macro lens for a phone camera. Works pretty well.

Attached is a photo i took using the 15x that i have here. Wasnt ready yet tho.

20230126 191947
stratman61

stratman61

I would have given this same advice at every stage of the grow! How the hell is it so small? I never understand this. Before I got my tent I had seed stock I would give to people for a cut of the harvest, when I saw what the harvest was I thought to myself "how the hell do you grow a plant for 10-11 weeks and end up with this?!?!" Dude you need to take your time and care for the ladies properly. Why go to all the effort of an indoor grow to end up with a few spliffs per plant? Sorry mate not meaning to lay into you but that should be a bushy MF by now. If not you should have kept it in veg until ready. That is the benefit of growing indoors. You cab wait, train, and retrain. Good luck bro, peace ✌️
I appreciate the honesty and you are spot on! It's my first grow and I'm learning all the way and look forward to my next one to see if I can better this one!

stratman61

stratman61

I appreciate the honesty and you are spot on! It's my first grow and I'm learning all the way and look forward to my next one to see if I can better this one!
Also, I am using a single Vivosun 1000 led for a 32x32 tent and growing 4 plants! I thing I overloaded it. Thinking about adding another VS1000 for the next grow.

L

Low_Octane

Also, I am using a single Vivosun 1000 led for a 32x32 tent and growing 4 plants! I thing I overloaded it. Thinking about adding another VS1000 for the next grow.

If you can swing it, you may want to consider using the 32x32 as a clone/veg tent and add a 5x5 for flower. Kick it up a notch!

L

Low_Octane

If you can swing it, you may want to consider using the 32x32 as a clone/veg tent and add a 5x5 for flower. Kick it up a notch!

stratman61

stratman61

Hello there! Been offline a little while but was wondering what you all think about these trichs and if they are ripe enough!! 13 weeks since seedling and eighth week of flower. WW Auto.

2023 02 25 12 02 34 425
2023 02 25 12 06 35 855
2023 02 25 12 01 35 969
Goodshit97

Goodshit97

Hello there! Been offline a little while but was wondering what you all think about these trichs and if they are ripe enough!! 13 weeks since seedling and eighth week of flower. WW Auto.
Looks close, can you post a pic of the full plant amd a bud shot too?

TSD

TSD

Pretty sure it's an auto, so no flipping or vegging longer... some are just small no mater what you do... genetics. That's why many believe autos aren't worth the effort. I'm growing my first auto now, and my opinion so far is... meh... good for small spaces I guess... not much room for error.

Latest posts

Top Bottom