does Undercurrent require a chiller?

• Thread starter squarepusher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
R

rennie37

Hey you all I saw the link and was just just wondering how long did the roots came take to come out of the pot do u have just put it in the under current and the nutes gets splashed in the pot and the roots grows?

B

Bobby Smith

1/10th for $300 seems a bit expensive, try ebay?

I got both of mine off of Craigslist.

Tons of aquarium people are moving all the time and not taking their aquariums with them - that's your best bet.

cheaplastic

cheaplastic

no one in this thread mentions the optimal temperature to maintain?

anyone care to chime in?

U

UCtestn

Chiller, good idea.
UV Sterlization, not so good idea. It will kill good bacteria and part of your zyme nutes :-(

Hey you all I saw the link and was just just wondering how long did the roots came take to come out of the pot do u have just put it in the under current and the nutes gets splashed in the pot and the roots grows?

Take a look at my thread. I washed the dirt of of 16 moms and 14 had good roots in 5-7 days. you can clone in the UC as well, they make a cover for use with the power cloner neopremes.

no one in this thread mentions the optimal temperature to maintain?

anyone care to chime in?

Bad stuff seems to have a bad time living in 70 degree and under. Jack keeps his at 63-66 and lowers to low 50's the last 3 days to bring out the color. Need an over sized chiller to bring temps to the lower temps.

R

RMCG

Nothing wrong with a dead res, as long as it was intended to be that way...

68.6* Just dropped it down to 60* to finish them up and get some color going.

J

Jalisco Kid

Im not experienced with water chillers and pumps but I have been looking to get the iwaki pump to go with my chiller. Is there a big difference with the american motor as opposed to the japanese motor?

About 20% more in price. It is a better quality longer lasting. I might go cheap on my nutes or fans etc but the pump is the heart of your system. I have an iwaki running 5 years Zero maintence. My other pump is more expensive and delicate being a high pressure pump . I just cleaned it after a 4 year run. Soaked it in Carefree's pond protecter. Just had to hose it out. What came out of there would have killed 10 Danner/Supreme mag drives. You get what you pay for if you do your homework. JK
Even though I try to get the most for my money and use great pumps I have another one on line to back it up.
I set mine at 68* it ventures up to 70* you do not want to go above because of the bad guys and you do not want to go lower because it slows down the metabolism.

Mr.Sputnik

Mr.Sputnik

Any time you run a DWC, be it an undercurrent, MPB, or just a stand alone 5 gallon bucket your water solution temps need to be right around 68*. If you can keep the 68* temperature constant without a chiller then no you don't need one. You will probably need a chiller.

Top Bottom