Does UV Light Disrupt Flowering?

• Thread starter mello
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mello

mello

What up Farm,

I installed a UV filter in the plenum of my AC unit. The bulb is pretty concealed, plus I painted the inside of the plenum black. However, there is still a little bit of blue UV light emanating from the plenum onto my girls. I'm wondering if this could disrupt the flowering cycle?

Thanks for any advice.
Mello

I

ibTheMan

get some aluminum tape, fix the light leak cause they can see that part of the spectrum.

mello

mello

thanks for the reply ibTheMan. it's not a light leak that can be fixed with tape though. the uv bulb is housed within the ac plenum. if the light disrupts flowering my only solution is to attach ducting to the plenum. however, i'm hoping to get a definitive answer from someone as to whether the uv light does indeed disrupt the night cycle or not. anyone???

A

A-Roe

seems to me he answered your question when he said that they can still see that part of the spectrum, meaning they dont have full lights out

M

mellokitty

it does.
in fact i know a few farmers who swear plugging a uv light (the kind in tanning salons) in for a few hours in the middle of their proper light cycle noticeably increases their yield.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Did ice cream make me fat? HELL YES!!!

They aren't thai or original haze are they? I couldn't even get mine started with 7 weeks of 12/12. And nothing after 2 more weeks of 11/13. Finally did at 2 weeks of 10/14.

G

googolplexs

Yes I think it's UVB on for about 6 hours middle of 12 hour light cycle, says to avoid this light on body, eyes.

Top Bottom