Does UVA cause early harvest?

• Thread starter frogyrogy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

frogyrogy

I thought I knew when to harvest my plants but this one is a puzzler for me. My last run seemed to finish a bit quicker after I added the UVA bar for the first time, but I have a Blueberry feminized photoperiod that was flipped on 2/6/2022, 53 days ago. They are under a Scorpion Rspec w/UVA bar, the bar was turned on after she finished the stretch, 2/19/2022. Technically in flower 40 days when I was expecting her to go 60-70. These are a couple of pics from a lower bud:

Thu Mar 31 13 14 06
Thu Mar 31 13 15 05
Thu Mar 31 13 15 46
Thu Mar 31 13 17 19

Seems to me the trichs are too far along . . . I've heard UVA can hasten flower but I was expecting at least a couple of weeks at this point. She seems to otherwise be doing fine:

IMG 9599
IMG 9601

I've always harvested when trichs started showing amber, but this seems way, way too early. Opinions anyone? I'm not in a hurry to cut, but I don't want too much amber either.

2Bad

2Bad

I mean that seems like you got a great strain. But maybe someone more experienced will have a diff answer.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I’m running the exact same lights. I flipped Feb 12 and am seeing similar results on buds.

freezeland2

freezeland2

They do look done from my chair. You also got some fox tails there.

F

frogyrogy

Seems like I always get a least some foxtailing . . . I've been raising the light a bit every few days but other than that I don't worry too much about them.

JohnnyApp

JohnnyApp

Just a hypothesis, but zooming in on the leaf tips I saw signs of over-fertilization, burnt tips.
It’s possible that over fertilization along with additional lighting of any kind could speed the degradation of your crystals as it results in plant tissue damage

I wouldn’t rule the uv bars responsible yet

F

frogyrogy

Nothing changed on nutes or feedings . . . only change has been the addition of UVA bar. Same nutes, feeding schedule, etc. all the same, but flower period seems shorter. The plant in question is one of two free seeds from NASC that I don't know much about . . . maybe I got a "FAST" version of Blueberry? If such a thing exists.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I can't tell for sure, but those trichs look like they might be on little leaves in the bud, rather than on flower parts. Are any of the trichs on bracts amber?

shaganja

shaganja

Ive ran uvas at the end of veg to prepare them for uvb during flower. So never experienced them during flower. But have been running uvb for 4 years now, and they dont seem to change flower period. They can burn leaves. Curls em up. But never had them shorten my season. I wish, since i live next to canada. But who really knows at this point. There is a uv light dude on thc farmer. Read a few of his posts. But cant remember name. Maybe search for him. Because there isnt enough uv research yet. We are pretty much the ginea pigs.

F

frogyrogy

Hard for me to see without the microscope. This is the best I picture I can get right now:
Fri Apr 01 08 30 08

I may need to look at another bud higher on the plant, this was a small one down below the net.

F

frogyrogy

I doubt I'm a very good guinea pig . . . but I think I'll try some Banana Kush next run, I ran those last before I added the UVA and have seeds and notes. I can maybe speak with a bit more actual knowledge rather than guesses after that.

Top Bottom