Does your Aquashield have particles in it?

• Thread starter snowkitty
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

snowkitty

I can't find anything on here or other sites about Botanicare's Aquashield (formerly known as Hydroguard) going bad or getting particles in it. I have a 5gal container that I just opened and I can see black/brown particles floating all the way through clear liquid. I am scratching my brain trying to remember if Hydroguard was clear or not....help!

Does your Aquashield have particles floating in it? If these are good or bad, what are they? Is this the magical bacteria of Aquashield?

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I can't find anything on here or other sites about Botanicare's Aquashield (formerly known as Hydroguard) going bad or getting particles in it. I have a 5gal container that I just opened and I can see black/brown particles floating all the way through clear liquid. I am scratching my brain trying to remember if Hydroguard was clear or not....help!

Does your Aquashield have particles floating in it? If these are good or bad, what are they? Is this the magical bacteria of Aquashield?

Hydroguard had no floaties but wasn't clear. Kind of a urine tint (sorry lol). That stuff only has a shelf life of a year and thats pushing it. Check the date on it.

S

snowkitty

Yep, mine has a urine tint as to be expected. From a distance you can't see the floaties, but when you look at the entire bottle or examine an ounce sample closely, you can see them all the way through. This is a new botte I picked up about 3 weeks ago. YUCK.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Yep, mine has a urine tint as to be expected. From a distance you can't see the floaties, but when you look at the entire bottle or examine an ounce sample closely, you can see them all the way through. This is a new botte I picked up about 3 weeks ago. YUCK.

yea you might have got it 3 weeks ago but that doesn't mean they haven't had it on a shelf longer. I thinkthe change to aquashield was the the beginning of this year so you are prob in the clear. Hell strain it through a coffee filter ;)

Q

quantumdist

I cannot find any information on what is in aquashield. Anybody know where to find a label online? Only thing I can find is that it is derived from composted poultry litter.

G

Grass Roots

I just started using the aquashield and there is little specks floating around as you mentioned...so far I have not seen any issues..but I will go back to the store and speak with the owner and look at another jug to see for myself.

B

bootlegbrewer

My bottle of aquashield had black floaties since the day I bought it. I've been using it for the last few months and the plants seem to like it just fine.

S

snowkitty

I forgot to update this thread but I checked in with my buddies and YES the new Aquashield does indeed have floaties in it. Make sure you shake it up and you are good to go. it should be a clear liquid with particles suspended in it.

I double checked on an old bottle of Hydroguard at my buddy's place, too. It was a pale urine sample color with no particulate matter in it. So don't trip when your Aquashield looks different than your Hydroguard did. Peace.

S

snowkitty

I cannot find any information on what is in aquashield. Anybody know where to find a label online? Only thing I can find is that it is derived from composted poultry litter.

Good luck finding any info. I think it was after they published what was in it and went for approval that they ended up having to change the name and re-label it...so I doubt they are in any rush to publish that info again.

JayBee

JayBee

International Toker
Supporter
It is some by product of chicken shit... maybe bacteria from chicken shit?

JB

Top Bottom