Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Heat damage

• Other

• Total voters
Scat

Scat

Hi guys need some help. New growth on my plant is losing its colour but doesnt seem to match any defficiency. Could it be heat issue with bulb. This happened 2 weeks ago so i emptied the tank and started from scratch. This helped massively and plant was looking great until 2 days ago. Also the leaves that previously turned lighter got dark again after i reset the tank so was thinking it wasnt defficiency as leaves are usually permenantly damaged with defficiency and maybe could have been heat too the first time. ? I dont want to be flushing the tank every second week so if anyone can help... ☺
Doesnt seem to match any defficiency
Doesnt seem to match any defficiency 2
can hardly see on photo it looks worse in person

MW7945

MW7945

first picture looks like N deficiency, 2nd picture the leaves look fine.

But judging by the color of the stems on those fan leaves you're either growing rhubarb or have a pH issues

Enforcer

Enforcer

That miniatureized new growth looks like your light is too close to the canopy.

What light source are you using?

How far away is it from your tops?

Does the back of your hand get warm at canopy level?

Scat

Scat

Hi guys need some help. New growth on my plant is losing its colour but doesnt seem to match any defficiency. Could it be heat issue with bulb. This happened 2 weeks ago so i emptied the tank and started from scratch. This helped massively and plant was looking great until 2 days ago. Also the leaves that previously turned lighter got dark again after i reset the tank so was thinking it wasnt defficiency as leaves are usually permenantly damaged with defficiency and maybe could have been heat too the first time. ? I dont want to be flushing the tank every second week so if anyone can help... ☺View attachment 782074 View attachment 782075 can hardly see on photo it looks worse in person
Lol yeah i think the ruhbarb effect was from first time around. New leaves seem to be ok so far. I checked ph last night before photo and it was spot on so not sure if this is the problem for new growth but well spotted.

Scat

Scat

That miniatureized new growth looks like your light is too close to the canopy.

What light source are you using?

How far away is it from your tops?

Does the back of your hand get warm at canopy level?
Its a 600 sodium and i had it about 8 inches above. It did feel warm when i put my hand underneath. I switched to 200 led last night and the worst bits have gotten some colour back already i think or it maybe just looks different under that light. I think heat is the problem mate thanks for your input. Think ill leave it a day or two to make sure so im not flushing tank every fortnight pointlessly. 80ltrs so bit of a hassle. Ill keep posting updates til i suss it out. Thanks
much more obvious with led light. Good way to spot defficiencies early. ☺

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

first picture looks like N deficiency, 2nd picture the leaves look fine.

But judging by the color of the stems on those fan leaves you're either growing rhubarb or have a pH issues
N def will show up on the lower leaves and work it’s way up. You would have very pale yellow leaves from the bottom up.
PH won’t cause those purple petioles without accompanied issues like leaf damage/twisting/spots.

What are the temps like? Getting real cold at all? Lights off?
What medium?
What are you feeding?
Light?
Environment control?(heat, ac, exhaust/intake, co2)
Ph?
Ex/ppm?

Or we can all keep throwing darts at the wall and see if any hit. Hahah

Thejoeybrown

Thejoeybrown

The purple petioles and this intervenal yellowing suggests Mag deficiency.
That doesn’t mean you’re not giving enough it may jus not be being made available. What nutes are you using? Give some more info and try to eliminate possibilities.

Enforcer

Enforcer

Its a 600 sodium and i had it about 8 inches above. It did feel warm when i put my hand underneath. I switched to 200 led last night and the worst bits have gotten some colour back already i think or it maybe just looks different under that light. I think heat is the problem mate thanks for your input. Think ill leave it a day or two to make sure so im not flushing tank every fortnight pointlessly. 80ltrs so bit of a hassle. Ill keep posting updates til i suss it out. ThanksView attachment 782183much more obvious with led light. Good way to spot defficiencies early. ☺
Good work. Yeah, 8” is a little close for a 600w HPS. The trick is to allow them grow into the optimum light zone. Then when they start to grow out of that zone and into the light, it’s time to move the light again. Too far and they get stretchy, too close and they get slow/micro new growth.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
8" is too close for 600 w hps There is a belief that a back of hand thing is a good way to measure, however it does help with ambient temps at canopy level but doesn't help with ir that is also hitting your canopy. IR can give you problems as well. When I was running 600,s I used a hanging height of 18-24 " with great results. Your plants will tell and show you what works for them. Keep in mind different strains/phenos will react differently. play around and find your sweet spot. Again for that wattage and bulb you are too close at 8"

Scat

Scat

N def will show up on the lower leaves and work it’s way up. You would have very pale yellow leaves from the bottom up.
PH won’t cause those purple petioles without accompanied issues like leaf damage/twisting/spots.

What are the temps like? Getting real cold at all? Lights off?
What medium?
What are you feeding?
Light?
Environment control?(heat, ac, exhaust/intake, co2)
Ph?
Ex/ppm?

Or we can all keep throwing darts at the wall and see if any hit. Hahah
Hi bud. Think it might have been heat. Its better already. Appreciate the input tho thanks man

Tasty Buds

Tasty Buds

I'll get this during stretch the first week or 2 from rapid growth. You didn't say if you flipped recently or not. If still in veg, you seem to be getting explosive growth. This is why I like to feed light. Up the nutes slowly until problem is solved. The HPS also will make leaves look lighter than they are. Pick one, and look under florescet lighting. I look at this as a good thing

Latest posts

Top Bottom