dog eats coco, is this a concern

• Thread starter kimburns
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kimburns

hello peoples i have a question, should i be concerned if my dog ate some coco for lunch, or is it just a fiber that cant be digested and exits as most things should in a normal manner. has anyone ever had this happen, should i be concerned? trying to keep might max healthy:party0042::party0042:

thanks for any input

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
I doubt he could digest it - his poop is gonna have some bulk

the dog will be fine as long as he dont get blocked up

K

kimburns

thanks motherlode, i was thinking it should pass as well, im a little worried about volume seeing as it loves to swell full of fluid, that and dog have serious issues with stomach function when they eat weird stuff.

has anyone had this happened?

sky high

sky high

DON'T let GH get ahold of Mighty Max or we'll be seeing a new "organic" product from 'em!

"CoCoDooDoo"? CoCoCaCa? FloraCaca? Or maybe MaxFlex?

Seriously...prolly gonna be like eatin dirt for a dog. (No effect)

I need to train my dog to eat coco rather than bubblehash..... LOL.

good luck Max!

s h

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

Hopefully there was already dolomite mixed in the coco so his pH isn't thrown off... lol. Your dog should be fine, depending on how much he ate. There is no digesting the stuff, but the only real concern is passing it. Keep a watchful eye when you let him out.

T

Tesseract

Stomachs are tough! Dogs are especially! With that said, its better to eat organic coco then a plastic bag like my dog. If it really bothers them, then they will most likely just throw it up and may have signs of being a little woozy or sick. Since coco is in pieces, the dog should have no trouble passing it through.

Better that then any food bone. My buddy is a vet and tells me horror stories of bone splinters in patients throats and stomachs.

just make sure he has plenty of h2o to aid in digestion and maybe feed him a stool softener (based on dogs weight) to help pass it through.

If you are worried about him eating from pots, ect... maybe a garlic red pepper spray on the coco's top surface would deter the dog from wanting to eat it and without harming your plants.

Good luck
T

K

kimburns

shyhigh- i think your right i may have created a monster, who needs bat poop when i can have a doggie blend, maybe i should market it lol.if he at my bubble he would be a perm. fixture outside.

altitude, and tesser-thanks for the input, funny thing he opened the bag but didnt eat the plastic, may have learned a lesson on previous eating crap issues

thanks again for all the input, hes acting little funky but generally seems ok
KB

K

kimburns

jagle- he seems ok just a little funky, but if hes not showing a little better the vet it is thanks

KB

V

vancerz

Im interested in how the dog comes out, I had a guy up in mendo tell me he wont grow with coco because he was told it will kill dogs if they eat it.

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
Dogs eat crazy shit all the time.. Whenever I take bear down to the lake, he eats the nasty ass mud on the side of the shore.. I have noooo idea why, but he's A OK.

H

hbstoner

ya dogs are fine with coco.. what you dont want them eating is cocoa shell mulch. that shit can possibly kill them if they eat too much. if your dogs still eating and shitting after he ate it, id say hell be fine.

H

hay

split a fresh coconut and give this the white stuff its nut kinda hard to pull out but once you learn you'll eat it like a burger together with your puppy. he prolly need protein.....its great stuff!!!

B

bicycle racer

i have heard some types of coco can clog the digestive tract of dogs and possibly kill them someone told me this as i amend my yard with used coco coir idk. it would be pure so not digestable at all. dogs are primarily predators(carnivores) and prefer protein so it could cause an issue call your vet better safe than sorry it is your dog were talking about.

Top Bottom