Don’t use canna coco A + B unless

• Thread starter StudentGreen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

StudentGreen

DONT make the same mistake I made, not grown in about 5 years and just got back into growing. Used to use Remo before but shops near me don’t sell any anymore so thought I’d try out canna coco.
what I didn’t realise is canna coco A + B is not designed for Run To Waste system, it’s actually the opposite where your not supposed to have any run off in order for the chemical reaction between calcium and potassium to take place.

This is what canna emailed me when i posed a question

One thing to note is about the amount of run-off you plan to acheive using your technique. CANNA COCO A&B is intended to be delivered to a substrate where the run off is minimal, and more managed via the moisture content needed. That way, there is time for the buffering of calcium and potassium to occur, where it becomes more favorable to flowering plants (higher potassium).

If you water to run-off each time, this accumulation is washed away with this run off. With your irrigation strategy it may be worthwhile looking at making use of the COgr line, typically used for a more granulated coco with high run-off amounts. It has a VEGA and FLORES version, to supply the change in ratio of NPK as demanded by the plant, which may not be acheived with a normal COCO A&B if you run to waste at such a high rate every irrigation.

Top Bottom