Don't be Thrippin'

• Thread starter TrichromeFan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Hey guys. Just getting it from both ends these days it seems. I am going dormant for a few weeks at least so I can kill anything in the whole lab because of root aphids as it is, and now this!
Dont be thrippin

Dont be thrippin 3

Dont be thrippin 2

I took some cuts that were then given to a friend to root & hold on to. He had some issues come up. I got them back about a month later, still in the rapid rooters! I ended up salvaging what I could and put them into some 4" grodan cubes. They are doing much better a week later with new growth and roots coming out of the bottoms already. Only one problem. I noticed leaf damage, so I checked the undersides and there he was. I'm pretty damn sure it is thrips. Eaten spots on leaves, and the turds as well. I will hit them with a little pyrethrum and see how it goes. If anybody has personal experience with these bugars, I would be curious as to what worked for you.

-TF

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
hey TF:
I've seen products that knock down mites do nothing to thrips...they are crafty and fly short distances...
One word= SPINOSAD

baba G

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Nice, I was using that as a drench in flower to keep the RA's at bay. I assume you use it as a foliar for the thrips?

Thanks,

-TF

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
if there still in cubes wash them off daily under water rub them leaves to get them off. you could pretty much make a bowl of water with the spinosade or whatever you use in it and dip and wash them in that. use your fingers to gently rub each leaf.

ogplatinum

ogplatinum

if there still in cubes wash them off daily under water rub them leaves to get them off. you could pretty much make a bowl of water with the spinosade or whatever you use in it and dip and wash them in that. use your fingers to gently rub each leaf.

I do the same with a greencure solution for PM cuts and late flower plants.

Glove up, and give those girls a good rub down!

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
thrips are very easy to kill man

its the RA's ya need to worry about

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Can also use sns203c, mix up a foliar to spray the fliers

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
If you are shutting down can I suggest repainting. It will seal up all the homes they like to crawl into.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Thanks for all the support guys. I will be picking up more spinosad today. Luckily the outbreak is pretty minor. There are no adults that I can see. It is just a funny turn of events after the root aphid and clone fiasco. I don't know how feasible repainting the room would be. The walls and ceiling are 100% covered in reflectix.

-TF

Top Bottom