Don't Believe In Flushing? Nute Industry Explained

• Thread starter Tardbuster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
“Flushing” with hydro I would recommend, but not with soil.
I don’t even know why I’m getting into this.
Giving your soil or coco plants just water (without a bunch of runoff, just a c hair) is not flushing. That is fading
That is considered flushing or leaching when you feed water only.

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
“Flushing” with hydro I would recommend, but not with soil.
I don’t even know why I’m getting into this.
Giving your soil or coco plants just water (without a bunch of runoff, just a c hair) is not flushing. That is fading
I might add that not many people grow in soil, peat mixes and coco are soil-less like hydro.

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

That is considered flushing or leaching when you feed water only.
Gonna respectfully disagree with you there as far as semantics go. It’s just not flushing.. it’s not.

I might add that not many people grow in soil, peat mixes and coco are soil-less like hydro.
I knew someone would call that. Haha. Yes peat mixes and coco are not soil. You win lol

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

I’d love to see some pics of y’alls plants fed til chop:)
Fed Plain water last feeding, other than that they've had at least 200 ppm of nutrients every feed.
20190108 193606
20190110 190934

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter
Gonna respectfully disagree with you there as far as semantics go. It’s just not flushing.. it’s not.

I knew someone would call that. Haha. Yes peat mixes and coco are not soil. You win lol

Actually, peat and coco mixes are very much soil mixes. The scientific definition for what a soil is has to do with weight and nutrient density. Both Peat and coco classify as soil if you ask an agronomist.

Monster762

Monster762

How exactly does this work scientifically? How does one leach chlorophyll by watering/flushing their plant?......
I think. I’m no pro but I think you leach the nutes
Then without the nutes the plant can’t produce the chlorophyll it was. then by continuing on during lights on time that chlorophyll is needed for photosynthesis to continue growth. And slowly depleted. At least that’s how I add it up.

Ending in a plant with less stored chlorophyll and nutrients and a cleaner bud. Some things also break down during the dry stage. Remember plant or branch ain’t dead when you cut it it still tries to live.

I think n and chlorophyll run together too. Explains higher n demands in rapid growth.like veg and switch to bloom. More photosynthesis going on. Late bloom less photosynthesis not using nitrogen So have to cut it back or start seeing dark green ( n tox) from the stored n not being used up before it’s refilled.

On subject though Nute companies directions will have you spend extra money.
There is no reason a plant should get the same feed the last week of flower that it gets last week of veg. Then comes the need to use chelates or flushing agents to leach the unused crap from the medium. Then the 2 weeks water is for the plant to use up what’s stored in it continuing photosynthesis to live. Period. Common sense.
Hydro obviously a res swap week or so before harvest will do the same thing. Harder to strip soil than dump water out n use clean.
Again no pro n I could be wrong but
Seems like it just makes sense to me

Monster762

Monster762

Why would starving the plants leaves help “clean” the buds of chlorophyl? The plant will move the needed nutrients from the leaves right to the growing flowers. The bud leaves fade last.
Yeah it’ll move it to flowers where it’ll get used up

K

Kot

Then without the nutes the plant can’t produce the chlorophyll it was. then by continuing on during lights on time that chlorophyll is needed for photosynthesis to continue growth. And slowly depleted. At least that’s how I add it up.

Ending in a plant with less stored chlorophyll and nutrients and a cleaner bud. Some things also break down during the dry stage. Remember plant or branch ain’t dead when you cut it it still tries to live.

I think n and chlorophyll run together too. Explains higher n demands in rapid growth.like veg and switch to bloom. More photosynthesis going on. Late bloom less photosynthesis not using nitrogen So have to cut it back or start seeing dark green ( n tox) from the stored n not being used up before it’s refilled.

There is no reason a plant should get the same feed the last week of flower that it gets last week of veg. Then comes the need to use chelates or flushing agents to leach the unused crap from the medium. Then the 2 weeks water is for the plant to use up what’s stored in it continuing photosynthesis to live. Period. Common sense.
Hydro obviously a res swap week or so before harvest will do the same thing. Harder to strip soil than dump water out n use clean.
Bro, drying and curing is for removing chlorophyll from the buds. Until they are alive they need those nutrients for making THC and big buds. They will get it from the nutrients you give them or from the fan leaves. I believe the second is harder on them and they do less well.

Monster762

Monster762

Bro, drying and curing is for removing chlorophyll from the buds. Until they are alive they need those nutrients for making THC and big buds. They will get it from the nutrients you give them or from the fan leaves. I believe the second is harder on them and they do less well.
Yeah I believe the second is how you end up with cleaner bud n that little stress just boosts your thc. But I’m no scientist. Just my opinion.

Bulldog420

Bulldog420

Premium Member
Supporter

No, I was asking how the stopping of watering stops chlorophyll from forming. That link did not talk about that at all as far as I can tell?

You guys are confusing chlorophyll role inside the plant, and what it does, with a pre harvest flush.......

Plants have an amazing ability to store energy. If a plant wasn't creating chlorophyll, then it's dead. Not being flushed..... Especially N. N is a mobile element and is stored in the tissue of old leafs that the plant can still access. So unless your plant is pale yellow, it's still up-taking N also.

Think about it. Those guys that garden with only water..... How are they still creating chlorophyll their entire grow? Even in crappy soil?

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

The atmosphere of the earth is almost 80% nitrogen. All tho the plants can't use it as such there is a predominately nitrogen fixing bacteria in the soil that still processes nitrogen from the air to some extent.
This plant went a month with just plain water in coir and there's still some green left in the plant. So what is 2 weeks of water only really going to do.
DSCN0702

Top Bottom