Don't buy LED'S from Shenzhen Yuanhui in China!

• Thread starter StealthLED
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StealthLED

StealthLED

Hi all just wanted to share my experience with Abby Zhang at Shenzhen Yuanhui, before I start I understand that we take risks when buying these lights but I wasn't aware that if they fail after only 6 months use I would be told this is normal and doesn't affect usage and they won't replace the failing board so just want to make others aware.

Basically I purchased the lights from Yuanhui because meijiu that I've used a few times wasn't shipping because of flu, I will add that I've had problems with meijiu, I've had potentiometer fail and I've sent them videos to prove and they've sent me new ones...

So in February I purchased 7 quantum boards and within 6 months one boards already burnt out 3 diodes. I contacted them they said they'd get back to me which they never did it took me to message them again to find out what's happening and the reply I got was "The diodes should be touched and damaged,, but not too much.. it won't affect use" then after many more messages I was basically told this is normal and wouldn't effect the use of the light and they'd give me $5 refunded... After more messages they agreed that I could send the board back to them, at my shipping cost they'd repair it and if it couldn't be repaired they'd send a new one, all at my shipping cost which for the total price of shipping I could purchase a whole new light, but to me them saying they'd repair or send a new one is admitting that there is a problem but they still won't cover the cost and why should I be out of pocket for faulty boards...? Just wanted to write this post to make people more aware when buying from Shenzhen Yuanhui.

Dont buy leds from shenzhen yuanhui in china
Tommy_Green

Tommy_Green

Sorry to hear you got some duds. Is it still a few diodes so far? I've also purchased from Yuanhui but only a few months ago. You got me nervous! I'm about to buy some more... I had not heard of Meijiu until now. They look very similar, I can see the drivers are different. Are there any other differences in the build? Do the Meijiu have dimmers?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

All of the shenzen companies may use mismatched or low bin diodes they get from samsung cheaper. And then they solder in the cheapest red and uv diodes available. Also likely cheaper circuit boards, heat sinks, solder and technique.

And a cheap dimmer added to make it worse. All make these things run hotter and degrade lifespan.

And so on.

Cant sell a light at half the market average price or lower without cutting corners.

Plenty of similar complaints out there from all different shenzen companies.

airedog

airedog

Supporter
If you are mid-grow and a significant portion your lights fail do you really have the time to send product back to China and wait for replacements? Maybe factor in worst case scenario; failed light/s and no replacement or replace with outrageous shipping costs, then decide if they're really cheaper than mainstream lights with a higher up-front cash price. Aggro price is often far more costly than cash price.

StealthLED

StealthLED

The board as started to corrode but for some reason it's only happened to the one board on the heat shrink... I've got 16 lights in total in this room and the rest haven't done so obviously a dodgy board, the risk we take I suppose

IMG 20200820 203111
Dr.B

Dr.B

Hi all just wanted to share my experience with Abby Zhang at Shenzhen Yuanhui, before I start I understand that we take risks when buying these lights but I wasn't aware that if they fail after only 6 months use I would be told this is normal and doesn't affect usage and they won't replace the failing board so just want to make others aware.

Basically I purchased the lights from Yuanhui because meijiu that I've used a few times wasn't shipping because of flu, I will add that I've had problems with meijiu, I've had potentiometer fail and I've sent them videos to prove and they've sent me new ones...

So in February I purchased 7 quantum boards and within 6 months one boards already burnt out 3 diodes. I contacted them they said they'd get back to me which they never did it took me to message them again to find out what's happening and the reply I got was "The diodes should be touched and damaged,, but not too much.. it won't affect use" then after many more messages I was basically told this is normal and wouldn't effect the use of the light and they'd give me $5 refunded... After more messages they agreed that I could send the board back to them, at my shipping cost they'd repair it and if it couldn't be repaired they'd send a new one, all at my shipping cost which for the total price of shipping I could purchase a whole new light, but to me them saying they'd repair or send a new one is admitting that there is a problem but they still won't cover the cost and why should I be out of pocket for faulty boards...? Just wanted to write this post to make people more aware when buying from Shenzhen Yuanhui.
Surprise, surprise...

Unhinged

Unhinged

The board as started to corrode but for some reason it's only happened to the one board on the heat shrink... I've got 16 lights in total in this room and the rest haven't done so obviously a dodgy board, the risk we take I suppose
Wow... yeah I dont want that running in my house.

Anyone who thinks they're communicating with cute female reps for these companies are oblivious to the subversion china pulls.

Ajsdad

Ajsdad

I’ve bought two commercial grow lights from Ali babba they are working good,maybe too good!!

Top Bottom