don't fly domestic with large sums of cash

• Thread starter noone88
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

noone88

A friend of a friend of a friend left XXX airport with manicured bills, unfortunately, too many stacks of 20's. XXX airport did not stop him or search him. When he landed in ZZZ airport (california), as he was walking out toward the exit, he was snatched up by the police.

BE CAREFUL FOLKS

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I've flown with quite a lot of cash, but not as much as $10K. Curious how much he had.

justanotherbozo

justanotherbozo

...i gave up flying when the Patriot Act was enacted, i'd rather drive then submit to the indignities the TSA puts travelers through, ...or take a train, train travel is nice, it takes longer but it's a very pleasant experience with lots of leg room in the seats and space to take a walk to stretch your muscles out plus, there is a dining car where you can get a sandwich and a cold one while you travel, ...i'd bet a personal vape could easily be used in one of the many bathrooms as well if you've a mind.

peace, bozo

N

noone88

30-40k

Don't get me wrong, it's all kinds of retarded. But is's a friend of a friend heh.

cannabeans

cannabeans

Your friend of a friend is an idiot. Carrying around that much cash, the government goons are bound to ask questions.

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
That bloooows.....hope everything is cool with him now. I'm sure they took the cashish because they how they roll.

I don't fly anymore myself. They turned the whole thing into a nightmare. Plus over the past decade iv developed some personal issues with planes lol

N

noone88

Your friend of a friend is an idiot. Carrying around that much cash, the government goons are bound to ask questions.

Didn't even ask questions. he passed through the first airport fine. When he landed and was about to exit, he got snatched up.

N

noone88

He's not cool right now. He's got charged with something, can't remember the name of the charge.

It basically has to do with the bullshit asset seizure laws in the US. There is no law in the United States that prevents a person from flying domestically with large sums of cash. I can wire $1 billion from my local branch to a NYC brokerage firm, yet if I fly domestically with some cash, they can seize it if they suspect the proceeds are from drug/criminal profits?

For the past year or so, i've seen many local PD and other LEO ignore and accept that people are growing and smoking. As long as you aren't stealing power and the property owner doesn't complain, most likely nothing will happen to you.

However, LEO is going crazy when it comes to asset seizure. If you're young and you have cash on you without "proper" reasons, then kiss it goodbye.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

He's not cool right now. He's got charged with something, can't remember the name of the charge.

It basically has to do with the bullshit asset seizure laws in the US. There is no law in the United States that prevents a person from flying domestically with large sums of cash. I can wire $1 billion from my local branch to a NYC brokerage firm, yet if I fly domestically with some cash, they can seize it if they suspect the proceeds are from drug/criminal profits?

For the past year or so, i've seen many local PD and other LEO ignore and accept that people are growing and smoking. As long as you aren't stealing power and the property owner doesn't complain, most likely nothing will happen to you.

However, LEO is going crazy when it comes to asset seizure. If you're young and you have cash on you without "proper" reasons, then kiss it goodbye.
I think what he is dealing with is civil asset forfeiture and if so have him look up the annotated codes regarding civil asset forfeiture in the state where he is getting charged. This sucks but is beatable, I've done it myself, albeit not easy at all!

xX Kid Twist Xx

xX Kid Twist Xx

Premium Member
Supporter
i used to fly back and forth to vegas with 10-12k at a time. 30-40k you got to wonder how much he files for taxes a year? my cousin got caught with 150k cash in a raid and the IRS took it all. IT was either that or face 8 years for tax evasion. he signed it away 4 days later they took 40k from his bank acount, that he didnt verbally agree to, but it was part of the forfiture form he signed because he built it up over 2 years.

N

noone88

It's all kinds of fucked. I've known first hand of three incidents of people getting their cash seized.

Filing a suit to get it back opens up all kinds of avenues, none of them good. You have to show your bank account statements (possible withdrawals to equal the amount of cash that you have) and also tax returns. And here comes the fun part: when you file a suit to get your money back, the IRS steps in...

That's why the asset seizure stuff is going so well for LEO. No one is really bothering trying to get their money back.

Jack Dupp

Jack Dupp

It sounds to me, like your friend of a friend was ratted out.

If they detected the cash on him as he was going through security, the local authorities would have snatched him up before allowing him to leave their jurisdiction. Why let someone else take credit for your discovery/bust? That is how cops get promoted.

Someone tipped off the cops he was coming. IMO

N

noone88

Yea who knows at this point. There's another part to the story, but I can't divulge because it reveals too much.

it's all kinds of fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucked

Top Bottom