dont grow w/o carbon filter

• Thread starter kindindy123
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
K

kindindy123

you should def have a activated carbon filter,,I am on yr 5.but 1st 5-7 grows were w/o filter,i did not think it was that bad,because.detatch garage, edge of woods,i would get a wiff every now and then but would dismiss as next to nothing,then i purchased one,i could not believe the diff,even inside the garage,had no scent,wow so a few wks later neighbor on lft,witch is an older man & his wife,but got grand kids on wkends so one day the man said to me we are very happy that you stopped growing pot next store,becouse it was getting bad,i apoligized up and down,told him i did smoke in the back yard,to get off the growing issue,but he said no!! fresh cannibis,so i change suject,awk later neighbor on rt asked me if i smell any pot from time to time,then i am talking to across the street neighbor,witch happens to be cop he says someone must have a gro patch in woods,theres the reason carbon filter is a nessesery to gro!!! good luck gents. kindindy

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

hey bud you are 1 lucky guy this is a lesson to be learned for all. not only for smell but for ventilation humidity etc a carbon filter is a must.TS1:character0201:

P

paco666

whoa.......! sketchy....

how did you set up your filtration.....?

been 15 years since my last indoor....no air filters.....my house stunk big time, now that i think about it....the whole neiborhood probably did.....

i've been slowly gathering gear for a small indoor grow...... taking my time... getting what i want

i have 2 6" odor sox.....was planning on using one or both in a bloom tent.... and a small ozone generator in the room....has any one used the odor sox....do they work...?

do i need to filter a small veg/clone box or only my bloom tent........?

conasur

conasur

Hey Paco, make sure you research the ozone gen. It can be nasty if you don't know what you are doing.
conasur

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Ozone is for treating exhaust air only, running one indoors can and will make a person sick (first had experience).

jj

JH420

JH420

Uh you did 5-7 grows with no carbon filter living across the street from a cop?:sign0065:

lambrettats1

lambrettats1

odor sox

hey paco666 i only use odor sox now i thimk they are great i was using my last one for three year and just bought a new one cos i thought i should. i just stuck it in my tumble dryer and re charged the carbon. the price also makes them an attractive option.hope this helpsTS1

stickyicky

stickyicky

The carbon filters last for approx. one year. Take it from me. I let mine go for 1.5 yrs. and it was'nt working very well. I too live across the street from a cop but, he just got foreclosed on. Good ridance!

P

paco666

thnx alot for that info guy's.....

was gonna include the ozone gen in my next purchase.... gonna bag that idea ..... i have dog's and indoor cat's... don't want anybody getting sick.

each one of these sox is rated to clean 380 cfm.... my fan sucks 260 cfm.... it will run on a thermal fan speed controller .... i have an air cooled hood so i don't think the fan will have to work that hard to keep the tent at a steady temp..... maybe won't need anything in the room at all.....

R

Rolln J

is the sock an inline filter (like a can) or more of a standalone scrubber?

K

kindindy123

Uh you did 5-7 grows with no carbon filter living across the street from a cop?:sign0065:

the cop did not live there,prob 1st 3-4,man its 100yrds away,WTF,I WAS A NEWBIE,WE ALL WERE!

K

kindindy123

whoa.......! sketchy....

how did you set up your filtration.....?

been 15 years since my last indoor....no air filters.....my house stunk big time, now that i think about it....the whole neiborhood probably did.....

i've been slowly gathering gear for a small indoor grow...... taking my time... getting what i want

i have 2 6" odor sox.....was planning on using one or both in a bloom tent.... and a small ozone generator in the room....has any one used the odor sox....do they work...?

do i need to filter a small veg/clone box or only my bloom tent........?
I DONT USE ONE IN VEG,DEF IN BLOOM,i do use an ozone gen when cureing&drying,air being pulled from drying trays is treated w/ozone,its only 130mg,on a 15m,timer,works well,do homework with ozone,seriouse head akes,just working in it for long periods.READ READ READ. good luck

JH420

JH420

the cop did not live there,prob 1st 3-4,man its 100yrds away,WTF,I WAS A NEWBIE,WE ALL WERE!

Sorry if I came across as a prick, I probably live in closer proximatity to my neighbours than you so I'm extra careful...but we agree a carbon filter IS A MUST.

JH420

JH420

I DONT USE ONE IN VEG,DEF IN BLOOM,i do use an ozone gen when cureing&drying,air being pulled from drying trays is treated w/ozone,its only 130mg,on a 15m,timer,works well,do homework with ozone,seriouse head akes,just working in it for long periods.READ READ READ. good luck

I think everyone should have one in their veg room as well. I came home one day with only 8 Bubbas in veg and I could smell em before I entered the house...spent a $150 on a carbon filter and no longer a worry. Keep in mind that us smokers are much less perceptive to the smell of growing weed than our non-smoking neighbours.

sky high

sky high

there was a day....in another lifetime....where I grew many, many cycles without a filter. Why? because this was in the 90's..."pre-charcoal filter". I tried everything out there @ the time..."Aspen Air" negative ion generator (worthless)...Ona... (gosh...that smells fresh...like perfumed pot!)...venting to the roof (sent the smell 3 doors down the street but little else...

and like a few others here...my next door neighbor was the County Sheriff! I'm 99.9% sure she was wise...and told me once after a few shots of Tequila that she had smelled me smoking...but thought it should/would be legal in our lifetime. Another time she commented about seeing my "grow light" leeking light out of the vent under the house...

she still let her kids come over/in to play with my kids...so I never really 'worried' about her....I only worried when her co-workers ended up en masse' in her driveway/etc.

they've since moved...I'm now legal...and yes...I now have sufficient filtration.

young and dumb and full of.... LOL

s h

K

kindindy123

Sorry if I came across as a prick, I probably live in closer proximatity to my neighbours than you so I'm extra careful...but we agree a carbon filter IS A MUST.

please dont be sorry!!I thought i was being a smart ass!! just could not believe it traveled so far!! we are her to help each other, with our experiance may save one of our brothers or sisters,from unessesary bullsh#X. good luck be safe. kind indy

P

paco666

is the sock an inline filter (like a can) or more of a standalone scrubber?

it assembles into a inline tube with wires holding it open... the venting air just passes through it rather than being filtered....wasn't sure how well they were gonna work but the price is right so i got a couple....

bleuballz

bleuballz

wow everybody on this site is so nice! and helpful. im glad i found thc farmer. finally. hi everyone.

T

TheMiracle

whats up? ok so a carbon filter wraps around or inside of your ducting vent? air passes through and no smell right? whats the average price can someone sum it up what its for, how it works, how to install and pricing and etc. thx guys

Top Bottom