Dont just wish, go fish....

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lets hear and see some fishing stories and pics...

Headed to river today after 27 days of no fishing due to knee injury. Can at least get a few casts in from private area with safe walking on sandy beach. Hoping soon to get clearance from Doc to float and fish...
Prior to my injury the action on The Gunnison was awesome. River low and crystal clear. Fish were surfacing all over the place. All nice and healthy. Headlite Caddis, Parachute Adams, working well....

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Here's a good one. . .many moons ago fishing for dolfin (dorado/mahi mahi) in the FL Keys. They feed in a swarm/frenzy and if you hit a school it's pretty easy to start reeling them in. They'll hit anything. Buddy of mine dropped his keys from his shirt pocket while pulling in a school. While gutting their catch that afternoon they found his keys in one of the fish.

outwest

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
A few casts today could not reach em, will get well enough soon to float and fish....

B

bckwht

What do u float with? I'm interested in a 2man pontoon for some floats that have some class 2-3 rapids on the east coast. I havnt fly fished in some years but I'm making my way back to it slowly. Been musky n smallmouth fishing when I can lately

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
1 man pontoon boat is awesome for The Gunnison. Can handle medium rapids. Drag chain to slow down a bit and fish the banks with grasshopper and other dry flies.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Hey Chickenman, here's hoping not only for a full recovery, but a safe and speedy one as well. Blown knees suck.

B

bckwht

1 man pontoon boat is awesome for The Gunnison. Can handle medium rapids. Drag chain to slow down a bit and fish the banks with grasshopper and other dry flies.

Thanks for the reply..I can't wait to get one, been dying to float without an asshole guide in ur ear (not all guides, just jerkoffs)

2DogWalker

Awwww yeah well glad to hear ya got to get close to the fish...soon enuff you'll be back in the clear water.... Good health brings speedy recoveries, your on your way!

Been busy n hot as heck aroun here lately....got my work done for a few weeks tho time to get back at it.....

Catch your dinner,
2dogwalker

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Check these guys out for pontoon boats, best to call and see what they can do....Can order from them and have shipped I reckon

putembk

putembk

Check these guys out for pontoon boats, best to call and see what they can do....Can order from them and have shipped I reckon
You can also check out used ones on Craigs List. Got mine there for $200. There are always guys that have visions of grandeur and after they use it a few times they don't like it. One mans trash is another's treasure.

Going up tomorrow now that the Memorial Day crowds have gone back to the flat land. Will fish the catch and release section of the Colorado below Parshall. The flow is only 200cfs and the caddis should be hatching about 11:00. Will be sitting on the bank smoking a giant dubie waiting for the first rise.

Stay "dry" all.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You can also check out used ones on Craigs List. Got mine there for $200. There are always guys that have visions of grandeur and after they use it a few times they don't like it. One mans trash is another's treasure.

Going up tomorrow now that the Memorial Day crowds have gone back to the flat land. Will fish the catch and release section of the Colorado below Parshall. The flow is only 200cfs and the caddis should be hatching about 11:00. Will be sitting on the bank smoking a giant dubie waiting for the first rise.

Stay "dry" all.

AHHH youve learned the secret of fishing,not giving a shit it you get bit,the bite is the bonus...

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Spent 5 hours on river yesterday private access, drifted, paddled up stream action just fair...Good to back on the river...

deep buddy

deep buddy

runoff ditch down the street from my house is full of brown's 100's nobody even looks in it, gonna be some good eatin:)
im seeing fingelings to 10+ inches. i just need a fly and a leader and a can pole.

will post pics soon maybe tomorrow. love it here!

ttystikk

ttystikk

runoff ditch down the street from my house is full of brown's 100's nobody even looks in it, gonna be some good eatin:)
im seeing fingelings to 10+ inches. i just need a fly and a leader and a can pole.

will post pics soon maybe tomorrow. love it here!

Here, fishy fishy...

putembk

putembk

Get your stream/river fishing in now. There isn't going to be any water in Colorado this year. With now heavy snows last winter and a dry spring the fish are going to have a tough time surviving. Water temps will climb way to high for fish to remain active and healthy, especially rainbows. I expect the upper headwaters of the Colorado will go over 65 degrees by mid June and over 70 later on and that's like you or I in 95 degree heat.

It will be time to get the pontoon boat out and hit lakes and bigger rivers that still have enough water to keep the fish active and hungry.

Right now the Colorado is fishing as good as it will all year. Lots of bug life, so much in fact the fish have to many bugs to choose from. It's hilarious fish are going crazy feeding and you only catch a fish every once in a while because there is so many bugs on the water.

Hope all have a chance to get out and experience this. Nothing better than sucking on a "J" and sticking a fish in the lip.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
awesome day. caught a monster rainbow 22 inches and several nice browns...

bloads

bloads

getting my fishy blood pumping. it's been too many moons, thanks for this inspirational post

Top Bottom