Buddy Hemphill

A buddy sent me these pics.
Snake1

Snake2

Snake3

J

jakew215

holy shit!

i must of missed something in school or something i had no fucking clue snakes ate other snakes. thats straight crazy, and to get it on camera? what?

+rep.

N

negative 1

don't kill any snakes! unless you are in florida and you happen on a burmese or reticulated python and even then let the game commission know cuz they are a problem. even that rattler serves a great purpose in nature and diminishing the population other than naturally as pictured is not a good thing in my opinion.

A

AzGrOw-N-sMoKe

any snake referd to as king ie king snake or king cobra flat out eat other snakes.... but just like all predetors snakes are animals of opertunity.... an are know to eat each other.. az

Z

zoeronerer

don't kill any snakes! unless you are in florida and you happen on a burmese or reticulated python and even then let the game commission know cuz they are a problem. even that rattler serves a great purpose in nature and diminishing the population other than naturally as pictured is not a good thing in my opinion.

i kill rattlers around dogs or children after i remove them from the area if they find there way back they are dinner and a belt....

but i agree its best not 2 kill any snakes ever....unless yer gonna eat em ...yum :character0180:

good thing ther is no snakeys in hawaii hahah

but i grew up in bonsal ca rattler city

P

paulycali

Thats a first! Yeah rattlesnakes are pussys! My cat actually just a kitten at the time was basically playing with one. I stepped out onto the front porch and before i knew it basically stepped onto a rattlesnake. Luckily i was looking down when i walked out the door. What i saw next was my little cat right next to the rattler. Crazy shit. I run around back and hop the fence and run and swoop my cat up paying little to no attention to the snake. Eventually he slithered his way through the yard, going where? Who knows. Not the craziest encounter wasnt really scared.

My other encounter was when i got out of my boat while fishing on the lake and didnt relize i was pissing next to a black racer. I now know why they are called black racers. I am very fast and ran as fast as i could and jumped back in the boat. Once i was in the boat i noticed the snake feet from where i jumped in the boat. Now that was freaky *hit!

Those are my snake encounters and woould like to hear yours too!

Z

zDisturbedz

Bull snakes and black snakes are very aggressive snakes concerning other snakes, but will leave humans alone. Growing up back east my dad used to always bring home 8 foot black snakes that he found and put them in the vegetable garden. Great pest control snake and will kill copperheads and other venomous snakes that can cause harm to humans, as well as mice etc. I have a rather large bull snake that lives in the open space field next to my house in Colorado and they will kill any rattler that enters its territory.

I have a huge fear of snakes but recognize that they do serve purposes that keep the balance and are very beneficial to humans.

M

massqwon

Premium Member
Supporter

....i was picking strawberrries all stoned out one afternoon, and went to grab another strawberry and noticed a 6' (at least) king snake and jumped back like a little kid. I ended up grabbing it and throwing it over a fence into the field....a bit startling at first tho....

R

Radio_Dread

hell yeah snakes def scare me when they sneak up on ya while taking a leak. that is one animal that i have a def fear of.

Graywolf

Graywolf

The local snakes are our friends. They live on the rodents and other pest that plague us, so I protect them.

I grew up collecting rattlesnakes for the El Paso zoo at 75 cents a pound, to milk for venom. Fine critters but you do have to watch out for them, when they are lying about!

I don't embrace or trust Copperheads or Water Moccasins, because they are ill tempered, and after handling other snakes like Kings and Black, have learned that they all make your hands stink, which is hard to wash off.

They actually taste pretty good when eaten, but are boney.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I love snakes, they're gorgeous. This is the type that bit me, and yes, it was that green. Mojave green.

I've been relocating rattlers since I was in high school. There's really not much to be afraid of, they're pretty predictable creatures.

Not at all like humans.

Balphoto 80
Graywolf

Graywolf

I love snakes, they're gorgeous. This is the type that bit me, and yes, it was that green. Mojave green.

I've been relocating rattlers since I was in high school. There's really not much to be afraid of, they're pretty predictable creatures.

Not at all like humans.

Gorgeous snake!

Yeah, rattlers are way more predictable than people! They at least announce their irritation and intentions.

They don't waste time with charm and rattle to warn you away, as opposed to sucker you in.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Nope, they let you know who and what they are immediately. No guile in a snake, either. Kinda funny when you consider how snakes have been demonized in Western culture.

W

WilliamHBonneey

im mortally afraid of snakes i wont just go killing any snake but rattlers are no bueno also any vibrantly colored snakes i got a good piece of advice from a family friend if its bigger than a cat and vibrantly colored chances are its no good

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Rattlers are a vital necessity to a healthy ecosystem. We have bubonic plague in the states (black plague, the plague that killed 2/3 of Europe & Asia), passed on solely through rodents and the fleas that live on them. Best thing to help with that is to keep a healthy snake population.

Also, ever see a kingsnake that's colored up like a coral snake? Bigger than a cat, brightly colored, but it never harms humans, only eats other snakes. How's that one "no good"? They're all good in my book, all of 'em.

In the U.S. & Mexico, remember this mantra to tell the difference between a king and coral snake--red touches yellow and you're a dead fellow. Red touches white and you'll be alright.

dextr0

dextr0

^^Ha, this thread has taken me bacc!!...I remember my abuelo telling me when he was a horse breaker bacc in the gap. Top notch cowboy storys they were. In these stories there were always snakes. Whip snakes, Bull snakes (which look like rattlers but are not so dont kill em), etc. Rarely would they kill any of them unless it was warranted...

...anyway just wanted to say thanx guys for taking me bacc!

deX

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Thank god there are no snakes where I live. From what I have been told, if the snakes eye's are shaped like a cat's. Then they are poisoness. Either way I stay away if I see any.

Top Bottom