Don't Terminate Marijuana Research In AZ -- Stand Up For Our Veterans!

• Thread starter straincreation
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
straincreation

straincreation

so just signed this i thought its pretty f"d that they do this shit. so to all those that support are so called freedom, and those who fought for it, lets get this to where it needs to go. thought id post here see whos on board.

https://www.change.org/p/don-t-term...XApev5dnKf5edww9SguQ62&utm_campaign=105605&ut

Don't Terminate Marijuana Research In AZ -- Stand Up For Our Veterans!
    1. Petition by

Ricardo Pereyda

Tucson, United States
Dr. Suzanne Sisley, a faculty member and researcher at the University of Arizona, was informed that her positions would not be renewed last month, likely a result of her federally approved research into the treatment of PTSD with medical marijuana. On July 28th, they denied her appeal for reinstatement. As an Iraq War veteran diagnosed with PTSD and a proud University of Arizona alum, I'm outraged that the university has put politics before the care of our nation's veterans.

When I returned from serving in Iraq, I suffered from severe post-traumatic-stress. I was prescribed a cocktail of prescription drugs from the VA for years; they didn’t help. In 2010, I began using marijuana exclusively to treat multiple symptoms of PTSD such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, and severe panic attacks. The results have been profound, marijuana has helped me live a more full and productive life.

I was ecstatic my school was going to house Dr. Sisley's study and find out just how marijuana works to alleviate PTSD symptoms. That was until I learned Dr. Sisley, the only person in the country who has federal approval to work with veterans and medical marijuana sourced from the federal government, was shown the door.

With no explanation for her termination given, it seems the University of Arizona fired Dr. Sisley for attempting to conduct research that may have caused backlash from state lawmakers. They let politics trump science, education, and veterans like me. Our nation's veterans are committing suicide at astonishing rates, 22 times every single day, and the University of Arizona has blocked research to help them?

The Arizona Board of Regents must reinstate Dr. Sisley at one of our other public universities, providing her with the necessary space and resources she needs to conduct her research. Her study could mean life or death for many veterans. “Bigger Questions, Better Answers,” is the motto The University of Arizona has failed to live up to — let’s see if Northern Arizona University or Arizona State University can.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. Please sign my petition, the lives of many veterans may very well depend on it.

Happy farmin;);)

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Does not surprise me. Our nations leaders do a real Shi&&& job at taking care of the men and women that sacrifice it all for us. Outrageous when you really drill down and look at it.

Where is the incentive to serve for the youngsters coming up. Could be why they always look for the poor and disenfranchised to serve.

Hows the song go???? Feed the rich while we bury the poor.........power hunger in a human grocery store. I dont need your civil war. GunZ N Rozes

Gyreman

Gyreman

Got in a little hometown jam - so they put a rifle in my hand.
Sent me off to a foreign land to go and kill the yellow man
Born in the U.S.A.
I was born in the U.S.A....
Had a brother at Khe Sahn fighting off the Viet Cong
They're still there he's all gone
I'm ten years burning down the road
Nowhere to run ain't got nowhere to go...
- the Boss

okay...signed the petition and donated. Thanks for the post!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom